Chapter 20 We're Halfway There! (Nessie's P.O.V.)

When Logan comes back from the bathroom this morning, he hums happily..

"I'll try to walk downstairs myself," he announces, smiling. "I really feel today's the day."

"Honey, I know you've been making progress moving around while using your walker, but I'm not quite sure..." I start, being instantly cut off.

"Please..." Logan whines.

"Okay, all right. If you let me assist you," I say, winking.

"Deal," Logan sighs.

A couple of minutes later, we walk out of Logan's room slowly.

"Remember, go slow. Take your time and be careful," I remind him as we approach the stairs and Logan looks down, seeming fairly uneasy.

"Let's do it," Logan says, sighing.

He removes his right hand from the walker carefully and places it on the handrail. He removes his left hand and...

"Gotcha! You okay?" I say, having caught my love the very second he'd start falling down the stairs the same way his walker did.

"Phew!" he exclaims, panting in my unexpectedly strong arms. "That was close... I'm fine, just a bit dizzy..." his face looks as if he is gonna faint.

"Put your arm around my neck," I tell him. "I'll help you get to my room, it's closer than yours and you need to relax a bit."

Logan does as I told him. I lead him into my room and in the direction of my comfortable, big bed. I lay him down on it and put his legs up to prevent his fainting. I also open the window to let in some fresh Californian air.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Logan says, smiling at me weakly.

"You're welcome, Honey," I tell him.

Logan starts singing 'Time After Time'.

"Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
And think of you
Caught up in circles
Confusion is nothing new
Flashback, warm nights
Almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after

Sometimes you picture me

I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear
What you've said
Then you say, go slow
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds"

I continue singing.

"If you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting
Time after timeIf you're lost you can look and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you, I will be waiting
Time after time"

Then we kiss, not even wanting to finish singing this beautiful song.

"I feel much better now, Nessie," Logan says as he sits up.

"Would you like some water, Logie?" I ask while filling a glass with this liquid.

"Yes, thanks, Sweetheart," he replies as I carefully hand him the glass. "I could've served myself, you know."

"Sorry for helping," I answer, frowning. "I think that crazy quiz I once did wasn't crazy at all," I say playfully.

"What quiz?" Logan asks me, frowning.

"Oh, a BTR-related one. Most friendly answers led me to the conclusion: 'Big Time Rush doesn't like you'," I say, air-quoting the quiz result. "Maybe it's just that you don't like being helped."

"Whoa, wait, Sweetheart, don't get me the wrong way," Logan reacts quickly. "I really love it when you help me, the guys love it as well, I guess it's just the limits I have right now that make me want to do as much as I can by myself, that's all," he explains, an apologetic look on his beautiful face.

"Okay, never mind," I reply, winking. "Let's go downstairs and have breakfast."

"Could you get me the walker first, Nessie, please?" Logan asks me.

"Sure," I reply.

I get Logan the walker and help him to get downstairs safely. We decide to eat breakfast in the garden so that we get some fresh air. I leave Logan there for a minute to take the plates back to the kitchen after our meal.

"Let's walk around the garden, maybe?" he asks as I join him.

"If you wish... A short walk would be okay," I tell him.

We walk slowly, taking in the beauty of the blissful sunny morning. As we walk, I notice Logan quickly gets tired, so I suggest having a seat on the big garden swing nearby.

"Good idea, Nessie," Logan replies, smiling.

I arrange a big pillow so that Logan could lean against it and I hold the swing still for him to take a seat. Then I sit down as well.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Logan says, smiling at me weakly.

"You're welcome, Honey," I smile back.

Logan puts his arm around me. I feel so safe every time he does so... He looks me in the eyes, making my heart beat somewhat faster. I snuggle my head into his muscular shoulder comfortably.

"I love having you around, Baby," he whispers in my ear sleepily.

"Same here, Honey," I reply, feeling his head fall down on mine.

I move my head slightly to notice Logan has just fallen asleep.

We sit like this for some time till I decide to get Logan into a more comfortable position. I lay him down, the pillow still under his back, his head on my lap. Sitting there seems to be lasting forever, at least I feel I could spend any length of time like this, well, as long as Logan would want me to.

The wind gets stronger, playing with Logan's dark hair. As I pull strands of his hair out of his face, Logan blinks, waking up.

He reaches out for my hand and kisses it.

"I love you," he whispers softly.

"Love you too," I tell him.

Time flies fast till August 13th.

"Nessie!" Logan calls out my name. "Come here, quickly!"

I run to his room as fast as possible. I open the door and can barely believe my eyes - Logan's standing al by himself!

"Logan!" I exclaim. "I'm so proud of you, Babe!" I hug him.

Logan smiles brightly.

I start singing.

"We're halfway there
We're looking good now
Nothing's gonna get in the way"

Logan continues singing.

"We're halfway there

And looking back now
I never thought that I'd ever say
We're halfway there"

We finish together.

"We're halfway there..."

"I knew you'd get there, Honey," I say, smiling.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Logan replies, winking.

I know he's gonna make it even much farther.