Chapter 6 It's All My Fault, Ain't Nothing Gonna Save Me! (Nessie's P.O.V.)

I get off the plane and collect my luggage in a jiffy. Excited to hug my husband-to-be again and concerned about his plan to take me on a motorcycle ride, I head towards the spot where we agreed to meet, in front of the airport.

I wait there... And wait... And wait. No sight of the guys.

"Maybe they're stuck in a traffic jam?" I ask myself, pulling out my Iphone to check the phone calls.

No phone calls and no messages...

Suddenly, I notice James' car coming. That's weird... He's coming here alone. Logan claimed all four of them wanted to come...

James stops his car, smiling lightly.

"Hey, Nessie," he gets out of the car and hugs me tightly.

"Hey, James. So glad to see you again," I greet him, hugging him back.

I pull away after a while.

"Excuse me, James... I heard all four of you were coming to pick me up. At least this is what Logan had told me. Where have you lost the guys? And where's Logan?" I ask in a shaky voice.

James looks down. He feels uneasy, I see something must have happened.

"Logan... I have to tell you something about Logan," his voice trembles. "He's not here 'cause he's in hospital. He's just had an accident. I'm sorry to tell you that."

I freeze there, breathless and speechless. My dear Logie...

"Can you take me there? Please..." I ask James.

"Sure. Let's go," he answers before putting my luggage in his trunk.

We get into his car and James drives off. We're both silent, not knowing what we should say.

We arrive at the hospital quickly. Once we enter the building, I see Carlos and Kendall sitting nearby.

"Hey, Nessie," they stand up to hug me. "Glad to see you. We're so sorry."

"Hey, guys. Glad to see you as well," I greet them back. "Well... Do you know how's Logan?" I ask, tears in my eyes.

"The doctor said he has some minor spinal cord injuries and concussion. He's about to have a surgery," Carlos tells us.

"Spinal cord?" I feel somewhat dizzy.

"Yeah... The thoxis part... or something like this. From T-9 to T-11, whatever it means," Carlos points out.

I feel weak at the knees. James notices that and helps me to sit down.

So many thoughts running through my mind right now...

"Thoracic... Lower thoracic..." I whisper, feeling tears roll down my face. "It could have been worse, but still..." I can no longer help crying.

The guys hug me, but it's not helping.

"Hello, Nessie. Hello, guys," I hear Pam's voice say.

"Hello, Mrs. Henderson," we reply in unison, pulling away from each other.

Pam looks worried, but stays calm.

"Thank you for taking care of my son," she says softly. "How is he feeling?"

The guys look at me expectantly.

"Logan... I'm so sorry, Mrs. Henderson," I say, sobbing. "According to what Carlos heard from the doctor, apart from having concussion... Logan may suffer from paraplegia. He may not be able to walk... It's all my fault, ain't nothing gonna save me! I'm so sorry!"

Pam hugs me.

"It's NOT your fault, Nessie," she says in unison with the guys.

"It is," I repeat, sobbing. "I could've made him change his mind. The injuries are said to be minor, but still... If he gets paralyzed permanently, I'll never forgive myself."

"It's gonna be okay," Pam whispers. "Please, don't cry, Nessie. He'll be fine, you'll see."

"Yeah, don't cry. Please..." the guys say in unison.

"Remember what happened our clubbing night two years ago? Logan wanted to save me from that nasty man and sprained his ankle. He risked a lot last year, including wearing those extremely high heels. And now this... Looks like I'm not a lucky charm for Logan..."

"Don't say such things," James says, frowning at me. "Logan loves you and he needs you, Nessie. You're his true love, you two are meant to be."

"Yep," everyone nods.

"And please, don't call me 'Mrs. Henderson', never again," Pam says softly.

"Oh, okay, Pam," I reply, trying to calm down.

"I gotta go home, Presley should be there already and Jeff's staying in Canada for a few weeks," she says. "If you wanna stay here, Nessie, feel free to do so. Please, phone me when you get more information about Logan's surgery, okay?"

"You're reading my mind, Pam," I reply, hugging her.

"We're staying as well," the guys say in unison.

I sigh. I could've prevented that accident. Poor Logan...