Chapter 5 How Should I Tell Her This...? (James' P.O.V.)

I open my eyes slowly... I did it! Don't know how, but I stopped just in time... My car's only inches away from Logan's motorcycle. No sign of the driver who hit him...

"PHEW! That was so close!" the guys yell, relieved.

"There's no time for talking right now!" I shout, getting out of my car quickly.

"I'll place the warning triangle and call my brothers. They'll help me remove Logan's damaged vehicle," Kendall offers.

"Okay! Carlos, come with me!" I command, running towards our best friend.

Logan lies outside the road, his helmet and protective clothing seem untouched.

I bend down and shake Logan by the arm, as gently as I only can.

"Logan? Can you hear me?" I ask, hoping to get a response.

Not a sign of his consciousness...

Luckily his helmet's the open face kind of thing. I feel Logan's warm breath on my cheek, it's pace is normal. The pulse's okay...

I pull out my Iphone and call the nearest hospital immediately. I describe Logan's condition in as detailed way as possible.

The ambulance arrives in no time at all. The paramedics carefully transfer Logan on the stretcher and take him inside the ambulance, now ready to take him to the hospital.

"Do you know him?" one of the  paramedics ask.

"Yes, he's our best friend," my voice trembles slightly.

"One of you can go with us, then," the paramedic tells us.

"You go," I pat Carlos' arm. "I'll fetch Nessie from the airport."

I walk back to my car, get inside and drive off. I'm not far from the airport, so I gotta think what to say. I gotta tell Nessie what happened... How should I tell her this?