Chapter 11 We Gotta Wait... (Nessie's P.O.V.)

Not knowing what I can do for Logan to cheer him up, I lie on my bed and replay his words in my head. He sounded so upset and acted as if he's indifferent to everything... Poor sweet Logie...

A tear rolls down my cheek.

Suddenly, I hear someone enter the house. Oh no, I forgot to lock the door!

I quickly unlock my room and open the door to see Presley.

"Oh, here you are, Nessie," she hugs me tightly.

"Yes, Pres, I'm here. Would you like to have lunch with me?" I ask, hugging her back and smiling a bit.

"Yes, sure... Wait, you've been crying? What's the matter?" Presley asks me.

"How can you tell..." I start, but Pres cuts me off immediately.

"Your eyes are red. Come on, Nessie, you can tell me anything, you know," she touches my arm.

At this point I realize more than one tear escaped my eyes. Presley's right indeed.

"I went to see Logan this morning. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but his airs worried me... He couldn't focus, he didn't even hear what I was saying..." my voice shakes slightly.

Presley hugs me again, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"I know you love my brother more than I can possibly imagine. He's probably still shocked after the accident, he'll be fine, you'll see," she tells me.

"I hope so," I say, feeling a bit better. "Let's make lunch."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch we go to the living room and watch some TV. Not for long, though. Someone knocks on the door.

I open the door to see the guys.

"Hey, Nessie," they say in unison.

"Hey, guys," I reply. "Come in."

James, Carlos and Kendall follow me to the living room and sit on the big coach in silence.

"What's up?" I ask them quietly.

"We need to talk about Logan," James looks me in the eyes.

"We came to see him today and we noticed something strange," Kendall says, looking down.

"Yesterday he was... Different, like 'Thank you guys... Thanks for taking care of Nessie, of my motorcycle... and of me. Don't worry about me, I'm gonna be okay,' " Carlos explained. "Today... He was... I don't know..."

"Bitter?" I ask.

"Yeah! Also, he didn't seem interested in talking to us," he finishes.

James looks at me, visibly surprised.

"How did you know..." he says softly before I cut  him off.

"I went to see him in the morning. He acted this way," I reply, sighing. "I don't know what to do to cheer him up a bit..." I feel tears in my eyes.

"I guess we gotta wait, Nessie," James says, pulling me in for a tight hug. "Gotta be patient..."