Chapter 18 Better With Me? Better With You! (Nessie's P.O.V.)

Seems it's the only time for Logan to chill out a bit. His medicaments started to take the pains away, his tightened muscles relaxed finally, his breathing's back to normal...

I sit there, still holding Logan's hand, taking in the faint smile that has formed on his face. I watch his chest as it moves up and down continuously, at a steady pace. Oh, honestly, why does he have to go through so much pain? I realize my love for Logan, so strong already, grows even stronger. Deep inside, I feel heartbroken upon seeing him suffer, but I gotta be strong on the outside, I'm aware of that... I gotta be strong for him.

Reluctantly, I let go of Logan's hand and go back to bed. Lying there, next to Logan's bed, looking at his pale face lit up by the moonlight, I don't even notice when I fall asleep...

My eyes open to bright sunshine filling Logan's room.

He's still asleep, his face reflecting... Eh, I don't know what exactly. Something in between sadness and happiness. It's now visible how much he suffered last night. This weak smile of his is still present on his face, though. I'm not gonna wake him up, he needs sleep more than anything else right now.

I sneak out of his room and head for mine before going to the bathroom. I pick clothes for myself and follow my daily routine, wondering whether Logan would feel strong enough to cope with what Dr. Lamberg has in stock for him today.

When I walk into Logan's room again, his eyes flutter, opening slowly.

"Hey, Logie, Honey," I say, leaning in to kiss his lips softly. "Did you have enough sleep, baby?"

"Hey, Nessie, Sweetheart," he replies quietly, smiling at me. "Yes, I've slept pretty good, babe... Thanks to you. I'm sorry you had to see me in such a bad condition..."

"Shh... It's okay with me, Honey," I tell him. "You're welcome, you know I'm ready to do anything for you, babe. Anything to make you feel better."

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Logan says, smiling. "But I really mind troubling you, especially at night..."

"You're not troubling me!" I exclaim. "You're my fiancé, for goodness' sake! Being there for each other no matter what is what such relationships are about, Honey."

Logan lets out a small sigh.

"You're right, Nessie," he looks down. "I'm lucky to be your man," he lifts his head up to look me straight in the eyes.

"And I'm lucky to be yours as well, Logie," I say, smiling. "Also, I'm glad you feel better now, given the fact that last night was so hard for you."

"Yep, it was hard indeed, but, all the same, it was..." Logan pauses, sits up, reaches out for his guitar and starts to play a familiar melody, singing for me.

"Better with you,
Better with you, yeah..."

"Better with me?" I cut him off instantly, surprised.

"My whole life's better with you," he tells me.

"My life's much better with you as well," I reply, smiling widely as I sing.

"I try to write this down
The words just don't come out
It's hard to say how you feel
Been down the longest road
Said yes when I meant no
I lost control of the wheel"

Logan sings then.

"Cause you know that
Things get so bad,
You've got my back
Make me wanna sing,
And girl I'm singing about you"

My turn again.

"No sweeter sound
Than what I've found
No perfect love
Could be more perfect than us"

Logan joins in, we sing together.

"Ooh baby it feels like, it feels like
The music sounds better with you baby
It feels right, it feels right
Everything's better with you"

Then Logan takes the lead again.

"I used to think that love
Was something fools made up
Cause all I knew was heart break
Woah I couldn't help myself,
Let this heart go through hell
There's only so much a heart can take"

My turn again.

"Cause you know that
Things get so bad,
You've got my back
Make me wanna sing,
And man I'm singing about you"

Logan's turn again.

"No sweeter sound
Than what I've found
No perfect love
Could be more perfect than us"

We sing together.

"Ooh baby it feels like, it feels like
The music sounds better with you baby
It feels right, it feels right
Everything's better with you

Every song
Every rhyme
Every word (music sounds better with you)
Everyday (Everyday)
All of the time (All of the time)
Every way
Music sounds better with you.

  You're my music enhancer
When the music plays, you're my dancer
When I'm around you everything's faster
Every question I have, you're the answer
I'm head over heels
Can't explain it, it's so surreal
When I'm around you, baby, you make me feel like

Everything's better with you, oh, baby
It feels like, it feels like
The music sounds better with you, baby
It feels right, it feels right
Everything's better with you, oh, baby
It feels like, it feels like
The music sounds better with you, baby
It feels right it feels right,
Everything's better with you
Music sounds better with you [x2]"

"Nessie..." Logan pauses.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Do you, eh... Do you think you'll be my dancer again someday?" his voice shakes.

"Yep... And you'll be mine, sooner than you think," I reply, smiling.

"I'd love to," he smiles faintly.

"Now, what about some exercice before breakfast, huh, Honey?" I suggest quietly.

"Yes, please, Sweetheart," Logan tells me. "Love you, Nessie."

"Love you, Logie-bear," I reply, smiling.