Chapter 14 Let's Adjust To The New Situation... (Nessie's P.O.V.)

I open my eyes to bright sunshine and jump out of bed.

The big day has come, it's time to finally take Logan home. I'm so excited!

I'm just about to leave for the hospital when I hear a car stopping nearby. I open the door to the sight of James.

"Hey Nessie," he greets me, smiling. "I thought you and Logan could use a lift."

"Hey James," I reply, still surprised. "Wow, it's so kind of you. Indeed, we could use your help."

"Get into my car then, Nessie," James says as he opens the door for me.

"Thanks," I answer, thinking about how caring James is. Dinah's really lucky to have him as her boyfriend.

As we arrive at the hospital, I've a strong feeling I must have forgotten something...

"Oh, no!" I realize my mistake. "I forgot to take with me the wheelchair I had borrowed for Logan from the hospital a few days ago, shame on me now!"

"Don't worry," James cheers me up. "We can borrow another wheelchair now and return the remaining one later."

"Okay, let's go," I say, still mad at myself.

Once we get the wheelchair, we walk towards Logan's hospital room as quickly as possible.

"Hey Logan," James and I say as we enter.

"Hey Nessie, hey James," Logan seems to be confused when he sees James come in, but soon he smiles at us. "There you are, what did take you so long?"

"We had to get you a wheelchair, that's all," I explain briefly.

Logan sighs lightly. It's gonna take a long time till he accepts the fact he's not fully abled.

"Thanks," he smiles at us weakly.

I give Logan the clothes I brought for him to change into before I leave the room with James to let Logan get ready.

After all the necessary procedures are completed, we head towards James' car. Logan hasn't learnt to move around on wheelchair on his own yet, which is why I take control over this device. James opens the front passenger door and helps Logan to get inside. Then we place the wheelchair in the car before taking our seats - James behind the steering wheel and I at the back, behind Logan.

As we reach Logan's house, James gets out of the car along with me and helps his friend to get out while I unlock the front door.

"Thanks for your help, bud," Logan smiles at James.

"You're welcome, Loges," James winks at his friend, smiling.

"Yeah, thanks a lot, James!" I add, hugging him. "I don't know what we would've done without you."

"It was my pleasure to help you, guys," James hugs me back. "Should you need anything, please, just let me know."

"Okay," Logan and I reply, smiling.

"Why don't you come in and have a drink with us, huh?" Logan asks James.

"Thanks bud, but I can't stay, gotta go home and take Fox for a walk," he responds, winking. "See ya later."

"Alright, see ya!" Logan says cheerfully.

James quickly gets into his car and drives off.

I help Logan enter the house.

"I'm glad you're back home, Honey," I say as I lean in to kiss him.

"It's good to be back, indeed," he replies, sighing. "Could you please help me get to my room? I'd like to lie down for a while," his voice shakes slightly.

"Of course, Logie," I answer, giving him a smile. I don't wanna show him how worried I am.

I take him upstairs and then into his room. I watch Logan transfer onto his bed, seems as if he's familiar with the video I showed him. Brian from Paralyzed Living does a great job sharing his personal experience on Youtube, he's a sort of role model for many paraplegic people. I'm so happy I convinced Logan to let Brian be his guide till he regains his physical ability.

"Comfortable?" I ask Logan caringly after I rearrange the pillows for him.

"Yep, thank you so much, Sweetheart," he replies, looking in my eyes.

"I'll go downstairs for a while, gonna make us some tasty lunch. Any suggestions, Honey?" I ask him.

"No, not really. I don't feel like eating anyway. So please, don't bother about my lunch, prepare something for yourself only," he tells me.

"Logie, you should..." I start, Logan cuts me off.

"Get some sleep, I guess," he yawns a little. "A short nap would do me good, and I'll have dinner with you, I promise."

"Okay then, Honey," I say, kissing his lips softly. "Should you need anything, just shout."

"Sure, Sweetheart," he replies, smiling slightly.

While preparing two bowls of fruit and yoghurt in hope of Logan changing his mind,

I start to think how I could possibly bring joy back into my fiancé's life. He seems apathetic to me, I'd like to make him realize he can have fun despite being paralyzed. How to persuade him if he can't even move around by himself?

Suddenly, I get an idea, a crazy one, but it may work.

I take the spare wheelchair that I was supposed to take with me this morning. I take a seat, feeling strange and comfortable at the same time. I once had to master using a manual wheelchair like this one. Let's see if I still remember...

I do a full range of movements with ease, to my surprise. I get up, smiling, and carry the wheelchair upstairs. I take a seat in it again and knock on Logan's door.

"Come in, Sweetheart," he replies quietly.

I take a very deep breath before I open the door carefully. Let's help Logan adjust to the new situation in a right way.