Chapter Five

In all honesty, I loved my friends. They were that little fun bunch in my life that constantly kept things interesting. But right now was not one of those moments where I felt so.

"Lana, please, I am NOT going to try out for the cheerleading squad!" I argued.

They were continually forcing me to join because they all wanted to try something different for the year, but I was sure it was something I didn't wanna do. As usual, I'd just end up embarrassing myself in front of everyone. Besides, I could hardly play any sports, let alone cheerlead.

"Come on, we all are! Don't be such a spoilsport."

"You guys go ahead, then! I'm just not made for cheerleading." I asked, confused.

"Well, its your loss, I guess." Brit sighed.

I shrugged carelessly, turning my attention back to the big paper we were provided to draw whatever came to our mind. It was Art class, the class that I liked most out of all. It wasn't stressful or difficult like the others, and the teacher was very kind and open-minded. She politely acknowledged our errors in our drawings and helped us to fix them, as not all of us are born with amazing artistic skills.

As I continued shading in the girl's hair in my drawing, the bell sounded. Geography was next. I tucked the paper into my bag carefully, deciding to complete it later.

As I walked to the class alongside my friends who were blabbering on about their new interest in cheerleading, I couldn't help but look forward to Geography. I hadn't seen Nathan around, mainly because we didn't have any classes together today until Geography.

We got into our seats and the teacher walked in with a stern expression.

"Boys and girls, I hope you haven't forgotten that the due date for the Map assignment is just a class away! You partners better get together some way and finish it on time, or else, you'll each have to draw the map 10 times in your book!" He said loudly, earning a few 'ugh's from us.

My eyes snapped to the door as Nathan walked in with two of his friends, Jim and Owen.

"Sorry we're late, Mr Grayson. we were stuck in History class." informed Jim. Ah, History. I've heard that the teacher always carelessly resumed teaching even after the bell, much to the students' and other teachers' disapproval.

"It's alright, boys, but try not to repeat it. Get to your seats and open your textbooks to page 104, and do the questions at the bottom with your partners!"

Nathan walked over to me and sat down, giving me a warm smile which I returned. Undeniably, I was happy to see him. His dark brown hair lay messy on his head and fell to his forehead, and I've always found messy hair adorable on boys. His hazel eyes were darting around the textbook as tried to find the right page.

"Hanna, I sorta forgot the page he told us to open. Do you remember?" He asked. Gosh, his deep voice.

"Oh yeah, 104." I answered, flipping my textbook to the page as well.

"Thanks." He beamed at me, making a small smile appear on my face.

"Oh, these are multiple choice!" I stated. I liked those as they weren't time-consuming or difficult compared to others.

"Yay." He chuckled, and we began discussing the answers.

"C! Its C." Nathan marked the answer and I agreed, and we moved on to the next question.

"Easy, D." I said, and we jotted down the answer.

"Ooh, this one's B!" He went on to circle the letter, but I stopped him.