Chapter Eleven

I was making my way through the crowds of students in the school hallways, going to the usual place me and my friends meet up at. The hallway.

"Hey, Hanna." Sandy smiled at me.

"Hey, Sand." I replied and she scrunched her face up.

"I'm not sand."

I chuckled. I noticed Brit staring at me with some expression I couldn't quite understand, something along the lines of pity. I furrowed my eyebrows at her and she noticed, quickly smiling.

"You're acting weird...is everything alright?"

"Yeah..." She responded and I shrugged. Whatever, I'll come to know of it sooner or later.

I was lost in my own thoughts when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hanna."

I jumped, turning back. Happiness filled inside me as I saw the hazel eyes of his looking at me, a smile on his face.

"Why do you keep giving me jump-scares?" I placed a hand on my chest as I caught my breath.

"Sorry." He smiled cheekily, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

Brit was looking at me again the same way, but I decided to ignore it.
"You and Amelia look cute together, Nathan! How did you ask her out?" To my surprise, Tara said to Nathan, making him drop his arm from my shoulder.

What the heck, now?

"Uh...but we're not dating." Some relief washed over me but I simply looked down at the floor.

"Well, it sure looks like you are." Lana said with a chuckle, showing him a picture on her phone. Nathan's expression changed immediately and he looked pissed off.

It was a photo of the two near an ice-cream stall. Amelia was standing on her tip-toes with her lips on his and her hands on his neck. What....? They kissed? I felt my heart sinking to the bottom of my stomach.
I didn't wanna look at the photo anymore so I turned away. Brit walked over to me.
"I'm sorry... That jerk Jackson spotted them and took a photo and sent it to everyone."

"Oh. Whatever." I replied bluntly and she looked at me sympathetically. I simply shifted my gaze to the ground.

"What the hell? I'm gonna kill Jackson." Nathan said, looking angry.

I placed my hand on his arm as an effort to comfort him, but it probably didn't make any difference. I stayed silent because honestly, I didn't know what to say.

"It's alright, Nathan..." Sandy said softly, sounding hesitant.

"It's not. Everyone thinks we're dating now." He muttered.

"Is that a bad thing...?" asked Lana. "I mean, everyone thinks you're with Amelia, one of the prettiest girls of the school."

"Don't care. I don't like her that way." He said simply and I felt relieved, although that didn't mean that he likes me in any way.

"Okay." She replied and an awkward silence fell between us. I pursed my lips, shifting around.

"We should get to class." I broke the silence and others agreed and we soon made our way to our class. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before Amelia decided to grace us with her presence.

"Hey..." She smiled at Nathan, flirtatiousness lacing her expression.

He simply nodded his head at her as a response. She frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He replied bluntly.

"Everyone knows you kissed him." My head snapped up as I looked at Brit with wide eyes. Woah.