Chapter Four

I was not in my room.

An eerie feeling engulfed me as I looked around my surroundings. I was in my school hallway, with no one around. I was clueless as to how or why I was here, which added up to my fear. I walked around the hallway, trying to find something helpful.

Suddenly came a voice.

"Hanna." The voice was very familiar. Nathan. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Nathan?" I called out.
All of a sudden, in a flash like lightning, came a figure out of the shadows and stood a few feet away.

It was Nathan. His dark hair was messed up, making him look cuter than usual. His eyes held an emotion I've couldn't quite make out. Involuntarily, my heart sped up.

"Nathan! Why am I here?" I inquired, hoping he would know somehow.
He didn't reply. Instead, he inched closer to me, his breath fanning my face. I looked up at him as he was fairly taller than me. I was utterly confused, this was all so bizarre.

His lips brushed against my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.
I could feel myself strangely attracted to him. It was weird, we only talked like once! I didn't know what I was feeling.

Then he whispered the words that I could never completely believe.

"I am a vampire."

My eyes widened.

"W-what?" I stuttered in disbelief. Vampire? I thought those things only existed in novels and movies!

I was scared of him. From all the knowledge about vampires I'd gotten from movies and books, they're capable of many dangerous things... My heart was beating a thousand miles per minute, due to both him being so close to me, as well as the news I'd just gotten about him.

"Why am I here, Nathan?" I asked, coming back to my senses.

"Because...this." He replied.

"What-" His head moved to the crook of my neck, making me freeze. I could feel his lips on my neck, making my breathing increase in intensity.
Suddenly, he pushed me against a locker, startling me. In not a second, Nathan smiled widely, showing sharp fangs. I whimpered. With unbelievable speed, his fangs dug into my neck.

Sharp pain coursed through my neck, making me let out a loud scream. I was extremely horrified and helpless.

"Shh, don't scream!" said Nathan. I didn't listen, I continued screaming even after he stepped away after a few minutes and stood about a feet away from me.

"Hanna, shut it, please!"

"Why did you do this to me, you sick monster!" I yelled at him.

"I brought you here from your bed at night because I wanted to taste your blood more than anything. It tastes like no other blood I've ever drunk before. You were driving me crazy, Hanna." He spoke slowly.

"What the hell? Are you sick in the head? Vampires don't exist!" I retorted, bewildered and angry.

He looked at me like I was dumb. "Erm... I did just drink your blood, you know..."

His voice decreased in volume slowly as I felt myself draining out of energy. I sank to the floor, barely conscious.

"Hanna? Hanna!" He called out.

"Hanna, no!" He kept saying my name, trying to stop me from passing out.

"Hanna!" His voice suddenly turned feminine.

"Hanna, stop it" I felt a light slap on my arm. I screamed as the fear and confusion got to me.

"Hanna, please stop yelling like an idiot and wake the hell up!" I recognized the voice as my little sister's.