Chapter Fifteen

"Favorite color?"

"Grey."

"Favorite food?"

"Pizza, duh."

"Favorite-"

"Julian, are you ever gonna stop?" I sighed, stopping. We were on our way to Math class, and he decided that asking me numerous questions about my likes would keep the walk interesting.

"Not until I know enough about you to write a novel." He replied, and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm joking, yeah, I'll stop." He chuckled. "You barely asked me anything, though. Don't want to know me, eh?" He pouted like a kid, making me roll my eyes.

"It's not that, I'm just... moody."

"Should I ask why?"

I replied to that with a shake of my head, entering the classroom. Julian shrugged and walked over to his seat, which was a few seats behind mine.

"Complete the paper I gave you last class! It has enough questions in it for a good 4 hours of math. You may discuss with your friends, just get the papers done." The teacher called out, then took a seat and began typing away at his laptop.

I could see the familiar brown hair of Nathan, as he sat in his seat. He looked lazy and like being in class was the last thing he wanted to do.
The guy that he's been hanging out with recently was sitting next to him, trying to talk to him. Nathan looked like he was barely paying attention to the dude.
He surely didn't look like his normal self.

Oh, I wonder which idiot could be the reason for that.

I lowered my head onto the table, breathing in deep. Ever since I messed up things between us, we've been trying to avoid each other. Me, out of guilt and nervousness, and him probably out of anger. It crushed me that we're like this and it was all my doing. If only I had known to keep my mouth shut.

The blonde girl came into the room, and the guy called out to her.

"Kim!"

She turned her head towards them and made her way to her seat, which was right beside the guy.

"Hey, Travis." She smiled at him, pulling him into a hug. She turned to Nathan to hug him, and he hugged her skinny frame back. They pulled back and smiled at each other.

I tore my eyes away, not wanting to see it anymore. It hurt how distant we are, how he's spending time with other people- or more specifically, other girl- while him and I behaved like strangers to each other. I missed him, his little actions like hair ruffling and poking, and his laugh - all of which sets my heart into overdrive every time.

I sighed. The girls were usually busy with cheer leading practices and meets, and when they weren't, they were in the study hall trying to catch up with their missed schoolwork. Basically, they had less free time and so I hung out with them less frequently too. I missed them as well.

Julian sat at his seat quietly, etching something onto his table. I stood up from my seat and went to his, pulling up a random chair near him.

"Oi."

"Thought you'd come sooner or later." He looked at me with a small smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him, smiling.

"Don't be flattered, I was just bored and had no one else to go to."

He put his hand over his heart, faking hurt. "Oh, Hanna, you have deeply wounded my heart. I thought you considered me special."