Chapter Eight

It was another normal school day, with my regular crazy friends, boring classes and that one boy I always looked forward to being with.

I glanced over at him. He was looking at the Math book, seeming concentrated in it. He bit the end of the pencil he was holding, and I smiled faintly, finding that cute. He lifted his head and looked around and I quickly looked away so he wouldn't know I was staring. It had become a bit of a hobby, staring at him. He always had my attention nowadays, I felt the need to look at him more often. He easily piqued my interest and I constantly felt like I had to know what he's doing or where he is, and to simply enjoy his presence.

I definitely liked him, and I liked him bad.

Sighing, I returned to completing the Math work we were given. The teacher got up and left the classroom and chatter soon filled the room. I watched in confusion as Jim walked up to the front of the classroom.

"Listen up guys, my birthday's this Friday so I'm having a party at my house at 6 pm. Everyone's invited!" He informed us loudly.

Cheers and more talking sounded across the room which died down as soon as the door opened, revealing the teacher's return. I chuckled at the scene.

"You going?" whispered Brit, looking at me.

"If he's there." I said in a low voice.

"Of course." She laughed, making me smile shyly.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Nothing. I'll come too then." She replied and I grinned at her.

Math was soon over and we made our way to the next class, lazy and unenthusiastic as usual.

"Hey, Hanna." came Nathan's voice as he began walking with us. Brittany raised her eyebrows, a smile playing on her face. "Oh, hi..." he trailed off, clearly not knowing her name.

"Brittany." She said.

"Nice name." He complimented, making me surprised and a little sad. So he was just nice to everyone... I wasn't any special.

"Thanks..." She replied, seeming unsure.

"Art is here." I motioned awkwardly towards the classroom as we reached.

He cleared his throat, adding up to the awkwardness and we proceeded to our seats.

"Okay, everyone! Grab your paint and paintbrushes. Your work today is to paint your favorite fruit in full color!" said our teacher with a warm smile and we got on to doing our task with interest.

"What are you gonna do?" Nathan asked, turning his head to me. For some reason, he had decided to sit next to me today, not that I was complaining.

"Strawberries!" I smiled widely, and he laughed, causing me to feel warm inside.

"Girly." He pinched my cheek and I swatted his hand away, glaring playfully.

"What? I like strawberries." I replied, making him chuckle.

"Alright. I don't really love fruits so I'm just gonna paint a mango." He shrugged, and I couldn't help but laugh. What a cutie.

I picked up some green paint with my paintbrush and pretended to accidentally brush it across his arm.

"Oops." I said bluntly.

"Hanna! You did that on purpose."

"What are you talking about?" I faked innocence, and noticed just in time that he flicked his paintbrush across my cheek, leaving a trail of red paint on my face. I gasped.