Chapter Twelve

"Gosh, put me down!" I exclaimed in between laughs, thrashing in Luke's hold. "I'm sorry!"

"My hair is blue." He said, giving me an angry look. I burst into laughter again, proud of my work.

"That's what you get for putting hot sauce in my strawberry juice! That was disgusting. And not to mention your artwork on my face when I was asleep." I rolled my eyes at the memory.

Me and Luke, my cousin, often do this where we play little pranks on each other. He had come over for the weekend and I took that as an opportunity to get him back for his previous pranks by adding blue hair dye into his shampoo. Due to his hair being a good blond color, the blue worked greatly. Not to his amusement, of course.

After he saw it, he chased me around the house, earning several weird looks from our parents. He finally caught up to me. Although he's a year younger than me, he was strong enough to pick me up so I'd stop getting away.

"Okay, put me down! I'm sorry."

"No, you're not." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Nope, I'm not." I started laughing again, looking up at his vividly bright blue hair.

"You'll see." He said threateningly.

"I bet none of your pranks will be as funny you look right now." I teased.

He threatened to drop me on the floor and I squealed, holding onto his shirt. He smirked evilly, causing me to glare at him.

"I hate you."

"The feeling is mutual, dear sister." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Put me down now, you moron!" I exclaimed, trying to kick him. I heard the doorbell go off and I nearly jumped off Luke to get to the door. I always became very curious when someone comes, and a part of me always hoped it is Nathan who decided to casually pay us a visit.

Luke walked to the door, still carrying me. I tried to jump away but unfortunately, I had no luck. I hit him repeatedly on his arm and he simply laughed. Jerk!

Before he got to the door, Mom opened it.

Oh, how I take back wishing that it was Nathan.

Mom greeted her old best friend Julia and welcomed her and Nathan into the house. Nathan glanced at me, a confused expression on his face. My heartbeat immediately increased in rate due to his presence. Nick trailed behind him, who didn't look the least bit interested. Luke, being the absolute imbecile he is, still didn't put me down and proceeded to walk to the kitchen. Irritated, I reached my hand out and pulled his hair.

"Ow! Why are you so violent, woman?" He exclaimed, lowering me. Finally, I can walk again! He dropped me on the cold kitchen floor on my side and I gasped, looking up at his fake-innocent smiling face.

Scowling at him, I got up to my feet and rubbed my poor arm. "Just don't do stupid stuff and be embarrassing in front of them, okay?"

A small smug smile spread across Luke's face. "Ooh, it's about that boy."

I huffed. "No! Shut up."

"Hanna has a crush!" He yelled and I face palmed. I'm gonna kill this idiot!

"Shut your mouth or I'll put sulfuric acid in your water."

"Hanna has a-" He began again but I cut him off by throwing an apple I found on the counter at him. He glared at me, rubbing his face where I'd successfully hit him, making me chuckle. Luke grabbed the same apple and threw it. Surprisingly, his throwing skills were as good as a butterfly's because it missed me by several centimeters, going straight out back to the hall.