Chapter Sixteen

I looked up from my phone at the startling noise, as Savannah fell off the bed she was jumping on. Her having a random bed-trampoline moment was weird enough, let alone her toppling down from it. I sighed, fighting the urge to face-palm.

"Ow, Hanna." She whimpered.

"You idiot." I pulled her up by her hand, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "This is why you don't do stupid crap like that."

"But it was fun." Savy rubbed her hip, where she had hurt by her fall.

"Hun, you're 15, jumping on the bed shouldn't really be in your definition of fun anymore."

"Oh, please. Like you wouldn't do it."

I rolled my eyes at her remark, and made my way to the kitchen to get my cute yet idiotic sister some ice.

As I returned to the room, I passed by Mom in the living room, and remembered I had to ask about hanging out at the beach today.

"Mom, could you drop me off at the beach later today? I'm gonna hang with a friend."

She turned her attention to me, eyebrows raised. "Sure honey, which friend?"

I sheepishly looked at the floor. "Uh, he's actually a new guy, Julian. He's super nice and friendly."

"Oh, I assumed it'd be Nathan." She said with a frown. I shook my head softly, and she took it as a sign that something was wrong.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, Mom. He has new friends." I shrugged, and she gave me a small smile.

"It's okay, baby. Things happen, soon enough you'll both be fine again. Have fun with Julian boy, though." She said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, mommy."

I walked back to Savannah with the ice, which she gingerly placed against her hip. I rolled my eyes at her when she stuck her tongue out at me.

_________________________________

"Hanna, mom's waiting for you already!" Savannah called out, to which I yelled an 'okay' back to.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, hoping I looked a little more than just presentable.
I was clad in white ripped jeans and a white tank top, with a peach sweater thrown on that loosely hung off my shoulder. My brown hair was left loose, since I wasn't bothered enough to do anything with it. I had my usual best friend in the form of eyeliner on, and wiped off the lipgloss I had applied, feeling like it was too much.

I rolled my eyes humorously at myself and ran downstairs, doing my white sneaker laces when I got down.
Texting Julian that I'm about to leave for the beach, I got into the car.

"Don't you look nice." Mom grinned at me, which I returned.

"Thanks, mommy."

The car ride was comfortably quiet, except for short conversations Mom and I had about school and friends.

"Have fun, love. Call me when you're done, but make it before 6 pm!" She called out, causing me to glance at my phone to check time. 2:46 PM.
I nodded and waved as she drove off.

Taking a deep breath, I turned around to search for Julian. Seeing no sign of him so far, I took a seat on one of the benches and waited.

"Boo."

I jumped and turned back to see him, a wide smile on his face and a big basket in his hand.

"Thanks for the jumpscare." I rolled my eyes, which he chuckled at.
I eyed his basket, narrowing my eyes curiously.