Chapter Fourteen

A yawn escaped my lips as I walked along the familiar hallways of school, dreading the boring school day ahead of me.

Double maths, boring lessons, the girls mostly at cheer leading practice. As the cherry on top, Nathan had basketball practice almost all day which meant I'd barely see him. The tournament was just a few weeks away.

I sighed, sitting down on a chair while the students around me chattered on.

"Hi, Hanna!" A girl I've never seen before greeted, waving from outside the class door. I raised an eyebrow and hesitantly waved back.
Weird.

Today was going to be undeniably boring and I had no clue how I was supposed to drag myself through the day. During my lazy walk to the class, something on the large hallway notice-board caught my eye. In big pretty letters, it was printed:

Luminance 2016 - ART EXHIBITION

"You draw, eh?"

I jumped, turning to where the unfamiliar voice came from. There stood a guy I haven't seen around before, with a small smile on his face. He had blond, messy hair and green eyes that were fixated on my face. I gave him a confused look.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You probably don't know me." He said with a nervous laugh at the end.

"Um..." I was unsure of what to say. How did this dude even know me again?

"I'm Julian and I'm kinda new here. I'm in the eleventh grade..."

"Oh. I'm Hanna. You're in my grade, we must not have many classes in common because I don't really see you much..." I replied.

"Actually, I have Math with you. I noticed you since I joined this school... Just thought I'd say hi. And, yeah I draw too. Sometimes ..it's not really even that good.. Eh, I don't know, but like..." He rambled on, and came to a slow stop as he saw my expression. "I'm sorry, I just tend to rant. Um, I have a sister in the eighth grade."

"Oh, that's cool." I nodded slowly as an awkward atmosphere took place around us.

"I have to go to class now, I'll catch you later. Maybe we can see each other's artwork or something?" He said, putting his backpack over his shoulder.

"Sure." I gave him a small smile.

"See you, Hanna." Julian walked away to his class.

That was weird... Boys don't usually notice me like that. And that too, a new guy.

I spun on my heel and was about to walk to English when I saw a familiar face along the hallway. My heart jumped when I realized it was Nathan, standing a few feet away with a girl and 2 guys. He seemed to be looking around, and when he saw me he began walking towards me.

Okay, why does he still make me freak out.

I fidgeted and awkwardly played with my hair, pretending not to notice him or show that I was looking at him.

"Hanna?"

"Oh, hi!" I said, then mentally cringed and slapped myself at how enthusiastic that sounded. Idiot.

He chuckled. "We're having a break off the practice... Haven't eaten anything for like 5 hours."

"Oh, that's bad, get something to eat..."

"Yeah, I will. I missed you, Han, haven't been able to see you a lot..." He put his hand on my arm, making my heart speed up like crazy at his touch.

I smiled at him. "Yeah, I - "

"Nathan! We're gonna go eat now, come!" A tall girl cut me off, pulling his arm.

"Sorry Hanna, I have to go, I'll see you soon."