chapter six - crimes

Luke woke up first. He smiled, seeing that Michael was holding tightly onto him and tried not to move, in fear of waking the small boy. He knew he failed when Michael began to shift. Luke closed his eyes again.

When Michael came back into reality, he blushed and let go of Luke, starting to get up.

"Michael?" Luke mumbled, trying to fake just waking up. "Where are you going?"

"Duty calls," Michael giggled, rising off the bed.

Luke smiled and nodded. "Hurry up, we gotta get moving soon."

Michael nodded and went to the bathroom while Luke got up and went down to the motel gas station to buy breakfast sandwiches for their ride. When he made it back, Michael was already changed and waiting for him. 

"Ready?" Luke asked.

Michael nodded and stood. They made their way to the car and soon were back on the road.

"What's in store for today?" Michael asked.

"Just that," Luke chuckled. "We need to shop, get clothes, lots of them."

"Why?" Michael asked.

"We don't need to be caught, now do we, honey?"

***

They drove for two hours before reaching a mall. 

"Here's my card, just tap it, don't worry about prices, don't even look, just grab. Try to get as many different styles as you can, we don't have time to try things on, oh, and lots of hoodies do the trick. Now meet me back at my car in an hour," Luke explained. "Got it?"

Michael was slightly frightened but nodded anyways. He didn't know what was going on.

The two went on their ways, shopping in completely different stores. And just like Luke said, they were back on the road within an hour. Except now, the back seat was filled with shopping bags.

"I picked up a couple duffle bags so once we leave this area we're gonna need to pack up our clothes and get rid of the shopping bags, they're just perfectly good clues," Luke explained.

"Clues?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, Michael, they're looking for us. I'm wanted, I committed a crime. You're missing, and as far as they know, you're with me," Luke explained.

"How could you afford all those clothes? Every store was always over one hundred, I was waiting for them to tell me I was out of money," Michael questioned. 

Luke chuckled and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "They're stolen, none of that money is mine and none of it is real."

"B-but, that's a crime!" 

"Oh sweetheart, you're in for a treat while you're with me."

im gonna double update. THANKS FOR 1K AND 100. 

important question, my life depends on it.

Cashton or Cake?