chapter twelve - home

The next morning the two got into the car, silent. Luke started driving and was the first to break the silence. 

"If you really want to go home, we can," Luke said.

Michael looked at his lap.

"I don't like this silence, what happened?" Luke asked.

Michael felt hurt. As if he didn't know.

"Darling, talk to me," Luke said, anxiously tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"I want to go home, why would I want to stay with someone who kisses me and then tells me it was meaningless. I may have grown up in a house with no love, but I know it's wrong to play with someones heart, I know you don't kiss someone, tell them it's what you've wanted to do for a while and then tell them they felt nothing," Michael ranted.

It was Luke silent this time.

"Exactly," Michael sighed. "Bring me home."

Luke spoke up again, there was hurt in his voice. "Where is home?"

"Home is back in Washington, Luke. I know we both grew up in shitty homes but there's something," Michael said.

"I know I didn't live in a homey home, but a home is somewhere you feel safe, a place where you're at peace, a place where you're happy. A home is filled with love, warmth and people who care. Washington is not home, Michael," Luke said.

Michael was crying now. He hated that he never got to grow up in a real home.

"Where is home, then, Luke?" Michael asked, looking at Luke.

"I don't know about you, but my home is with you."

short chapter, but it's kinda a filler for what happens next :^) there are three more chapters + a epilogue.