chapter ten - feelings

Michael went straight to sleep when they finally got their laundry done and into the car. He only slept for about three hours before he woke up again.

"Still driving?" He yawned.

Luke nodded, tapping on the steering wheel.

"What time is it?" Michael asked, sitting up.

"Seven," Luke said.

Michael noticed the sun coming up.

"Are we gonna talk about it?" Luke asked, he sounded angry.

"Talk about what?" Michael asked, looking at Michael.

"The kiss." 

"Oh.." Michael got quiet.

"What did you think about it?" Luke asked.

Michael stayed quiet, thinking of how to answer.

"Because it didn't mean a thing to me, I didn't feel anything and it was late at night and you're cute so I just got caught up in the moment," Luke spat out.

Michael frowned but shrugged it off. "Yeah, same." 

Michael didn't like lying, but he didn't like expressing feelings either. Luke on the other hand was scared of feelings and lied like a rug. It was quiet for a little bit but Michael broke it.

"Where are we heading to next?" Michael asked, feeling sick and just wanting to get out of the car.

"Just a couple more towns over, we should be there soon," Luke explained, not looking over at Michael like he would used to.

Michael nodded and switched on the radio. Luke's Blink CD started playing.

"Can I change it?" Michael asked quietly.

"Of course," Luke said, shrugging.

Michael connected the aux cord and plugged in his phone, putting on the new 1975 CD and leaning back, closing his eyes again. 

it's short I know but this story is coming to an end. There are probably 6ish chapters left(including epilogue) and i'm on spring break now so im gonna try and finish it this week.