chapter seven - stars

Luke pulled over on the side of the road when the clock said 3:00am.

"Well, that's enough driving for one day," Luke said.

"But we're in the middle of nowhere? Shouldn't we at least find a motel?" Michael asked.

"I'm tired and I'm sure you don't want to drive, so we will sleep here for the night," Luke stated.

Michael sighed and adjusted his seat so he was lying back.

"Nuh uh, it's get rid of bag time," Luke said, getting out of the car.

Michael groaned and got out of the car too. "It's three in the morning, I'm tired!"

"You're tired?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrow. "You slept most the ride, honeypie."

"So?" 

"Just unpack."

That's what they did, they stuffed all their purchased clothes into the duffle bags and then Luke tied all the plastic ones up and let the wind blow them away. Michael lent against the car and watched them roll along the grass and into the large field of nothingness. 

While Michael watched the bags, Luke leaned into the car and switched it on, letting the radio play soft rock quietly. He hopped up onto the hood of the car and looked over at Michael.

"Hey darling, care to join me?" Luke called to Michael. 

Michael looked over at Luke, his hair blowing in the wind. Luke thought he looked gorgeous.

Michael shrugged and hopped onto the hood next to Luke. 

"Doesn't it scare you?" Michael asked, resting his arms behind his head. "Being out in the middle of nowhere like this? Who knows who or what could show up."

"I'm not scared of anything," Luke said, not even turning his head to look at Michael. He just stared at the sky.

"That's bullshit, everyone's scared of something," Michael whined.

This time Luke looked at Michael. "A, I told you not to swear, darling, you're too cute for naughty words, and B, I'm not everyone."

Michael stayed quiet while Luke turned his head back to the sky. Michael sighed and looked up at the sky too. 

 "The stars, they're gorgeous, with the pitch black night you can see them so well, I like this, thank you for letting me experience this,"  michael whispered. Luke looked at Michael while he stared at the sky. "They're really pretty."

"Yeah," Luke said, still looking at Michael. "They are pretty."

Was this good? I feel better with this chapter. 

Cashton or Cake?