Chapter 3: The Golden Fleece

It's nighttime at Croft Manor and Lara was asleep. In her head were filled with dreams. She was with her father and they had adventures. Suddenly, she heard a shimmering sound and clanging. Lara got up and grabbed her bow and arrow and slowly went down the stairs. She heard voices.

Thug 1: "Holy crap, this house is huge! We could steal this house!"

Thug 2: "Hell yeah, man. We could also redecorate it."

Thug 1: "True, man, true." He grabs some of the antiques.

Thug 1: "Damn, these vases are heavy! They must've been a fortune." Lara takes out her bow and aimed it at one of the thugs' head.

Thug 2: "Behind you, man!" Thug 1 hits Lara in the face and she got knocked down and she kicked the thug in the face. Lara got back up and ran towards the other thug.

Thug 1: "Beat the crap out of her, dude."

Thug 2: "Come here, doll face!" Lara punches him repeatedly in the face. Until, he picked her up and threw her into the coffee table.

Thug 1: "Yeah! You rock, man!" Lara got the wind knocked out of her. She tries to move, but the pain is unbearable. Lara suddenly hears Richard and Roth talking to her.

Roth: "Lara, you can take them out. Pain or no pain, you can beat them. They're not stronger than you. You are."

Richard: "He's right, sweetheart. You can take them. I believe in you, Lara. You show them what you are made of. You're the legendary survivor. Now, take them out!" Lara gets mad and sees one of the thugs talking.

Thug 2: "Thanks." He just been kicked in the back of his spine.

Thug 1: "What the hell?! Why can't you die?!" She punched him in the stomach and elbowed him down to the ground.

Thug 2: "No! You witch!" Lara kicked him in the groin and he groaned.

Thug 2: "This freaking hurts, man."

Lara: "And this is about hurt even more." She double dropkicked him into a wall that was a secret room. She pulled him out and heard a shimmering sound. She heard it in a wooden crate and opened it. There was something with gold and she took it out. It appears as a sheet of gold decorated with diamonds with some type of language stitched onto it.

Lara: "It's an artifact..." She looks over the writings with her fingers. "...with some sort of inscription." She went to Zip's room and she knocked.

Lara: "Zip?" She knocked on the door again. "Zip, it's me, Lara." There was no answer. "Bugger." She went to Bryce's trailer. She knocked on his trailer door.

Lara: "Bryce, it's me, Lara. Open the door!" Bryce was sleeping talking in his sleep while Lara was knocking.

Bryce: "What? What is it, Charles? Is it my lunch break yet?"

Lara: "Bryce, it's me!" She was knocking harder on the door.

Bryce: "Oh! Bugger!" He ran to the door and opened the door.

Lara: "Took you long enough."

Bryce: "Holy crap, Lara! I'm sorry! Come in, you must be freezing!"

Lara: "No need. Question."

Bryce: "What is it?"

Lara: "Why the bloody hell are you out here when there are a million rooms in my manor?"

Bryce: "Because I like it out here. I like nature."

Lara: "Really?"

Bryce: "That's right. Nature is key."

Lara: "Right. I have something to show you."

Bryce: "Right now?"

Lara: "Yes."

Bryce: "Okay." He smells something outside. "What in the world is that smell?"

Lara: "Four a.m. Let's get a move on." She went back into the house.

Bryce: "Very funny." He went back into his trailer. "Four a.m.? Really clever, Lara."

(End of Chapter 3: The Golden Fleece)