Chapter 8: Spanish Paradise

(Sully and Nathan were at a restaurant in Spain sipping beer and watching the news.)

Sully: "Now, this is relaxing."

Nathan: "I know. It's nice to take a break once in a while."

Sully: "You got that right, kid."

Nathan: "I wonder how Lara is doing."

Sully: "I'm sure she's fine. Everything is fine."

Nathan: "You sure?"

Sully: "Of course. We did say long way back that we would go visit her while we're on vacation. And here we are, kid. At the most beautiful places of all time, Spain. Plus the women here, too." (He nudged Nathan's arm.)

Nathan: "I know what you are trying to do, Sully and so far it's not working."

Sully: "I thought it was. All these women are beautiful."

Nathan: "Not as hot and sexy as Lara. She's my bueno gloria." (He finds a morning glory flower and picks it from the bush.)

Sully: "Wow, kid

Sully: "Wow, kid. I didn't know you speak Spanish."

Nathan: "Lara taught me Spanish. I learned pretty well."

Sully: "That's fantastic, kid. Did she teach you tongue language as well?" (He laughs.)

Nathan: "Okay, Sully."

Sully: "It's funny, though."

Nathan: "Laugh all you want, but I really do care about her."

Sully: "She is a good woman to you. You guys seem like a match."

Nathan: "I guess we are."

Sully: "When I saw Lara for the first time. I knew you guys were destined to be together. You just had to get to know each other."

Nathan: "Really?"

Sully: "I just thought that maybe in the end you guys could marry each other."

Nathan: "Well, I don't know about that."

Sully: "Come on, it's in the bag."

Nathan: "Hmm. I don't know."

Sully: "It wouldn't hurt at all."

Nathan: "It'll have to wait another time. For now, I don't think I'm ready for it yet."

Sully: "Okay then."

Nathan: "Why didn't you get married?"

Sully: "Because I'm old, kid. I'm not fit to be married."

Nathan: "Why not?"

Sully: "Because I can't handle the pressure of having a child on my hands that I have to be responsible for."