Chapter 17: Gods Meeting

(Sully and Elena walked to the left side of the gas station and starts to communicate.)

Sully: "What the hell is wrong with you, Elena?! I thought you were better than this nonsense!"

Elena: "Well, guess what, old man? Times have changed and the tables have turned. I'm becoming a better person now."

Sully: "Clearly you're not, kid."

Elena: "Don't call me kid. You know I hate being called a kid!"

Sully: "Well damn sometimes you act like one!"

Elena: "What the hell do you want from me?!"

Sully: "I need you to keep your damn head straight before you lose it completely. I wanna help you, girl. I really do. But this? What just happened? Needs to stop today."

Elena: "Whatever you say, but she deserves it."

Sully: "No, she didn't. You know she didn't give the shield to Ares. It must've fell out while they were trying to get away from him. You know how bumpy the roads are these days."

Elena: "What are you trying to say?"

Sully: "I'm saying, maybe he grabbed it right before we left Venice. That's my theory."

Elena: "That can't be right."

Sully: "Well, mistakes happen, Elena. You can't always be blaming Lara for something she didn't do. You hurt her feelings like terrible, Elena. Aren't you ever going to apologize?"

Elena: "I won't and you can't make me do it. I refuse to."

Sully: "You really do have a dark soul in you. Even Nathan sees it too."

Elena: "I said my piece. Now, go away."

Sully: "I'm getting me a drink." (Sully huffs and walks away.)

Sully: "Damn it. I can't stand for this bullcrap." (He went into the store and covered his face up so the cashier could not see his face. Just the eyes. Lara and Nathan went to the other side of the gas station.)

Nathan: "Lara, are you alright?"

Lara: "No."

Nathan: "I'm sorry."

Lara: "No, it wasn't you. It was Elena. She was the one that started blaming me for giving Ares the stupid shield and where the hell did she get my family pictures?"

Nathan: "I have no idea, Lara. That was out of hand and it was too far. I should've done something. I could've stepped in front of you guys and then you would stop, but..."

Lara: "No, I couldn't risk you getting hurt. I shouldn't have fought her and that was pretty much what she wanted. A fight."

Nathan: "Yeah. But why?"

Lara: "To get what she wants I suppose."

Nathan: "Yeah." (He looks at the cut on Lara's cheek.)

Nathan: "Damn. Elena beat the crap out of you, didn't she?"

Lara: "Yes, but don't worry. I've had worse than just a cut."

Nathan: "What was it?"

Lara: "I had to cauterize my very own wound. It happened when I was trying to survive on the island. The island of Yamatai."

(Flashback showed of Lara cauterizing her wound.)