Chapter 4: Flashbacks

In the Croft Manor, Lara and Bryce was looking at the artifact. Bryce were examining it.

Bryce: "So, it was this that you heard in a secret room last night?"

Lara: "That's right. It was in a secret room making a shimmering sound. Like it was magic."

Bryce: "Ooh, magic. How very magical."

Lara: "Bryce?"

Bryce: "Hm?"

Lara: "Don't start this."

Bryce: "There's no need to be hostile."

Lara: "If you want to be hostile, I will become hostile."

Bryce: "No thank you. I'll pass."

Lara: "Now, can you see why it's shimmering?"

Bryce: "Maybe it's because of the previous adventure you once had before."

Lara: "Before?"

Bryce: "Uh, yes. You don't remember, don't you? The golden temple of Charta? Does it ring a bell?" The artifact starts to glow very bright and Lara stared at the artifact. Bryce was starting to be concerned about Lara.

Bryce: "Lara? Lara, can you hear me?" He waves his hand in front of her face, but Lara was seeing a flashback in her head. The flashback showed the ship that Jonah, Sully and Nathan was on. She hears a ghostly voice that was still Bryce.

***Bryce: "Lara? Lara?"

**Nathan: "Lara! Are you okay?" Lara came back to her senses and looked around her.

**Lara: "Nathan? Wha...where am I?"

**Nathan: "Relax, you're on the ship. Remember we had to leave because of the wolves and to find the golden pieces of the crown?"

**Lara: "I guess so. Am I going insane?"

**Nathan: "Don't know. How do you feel?"

**Lara: "Unsure. Strange."

**Nathan: "It's probably the sea talking to you in your stomach."

**Lara: "Maybe you're right."

**Nathan: "I am right." He smiles at Lara.

**Lara: "I'll be back. I need to refresh myself." She went downstairs to the bathroom and closed the door.

**Lara: (to self) "This is crazy! I'm in a flashback in the past? But how did...the Golden Fleece did it. Its shimmering glow which I gazed upon, sent me into a flashback. How do I return to the present? Oh god, help me." She felt the ship shake violently.

**Lara: "Oh crap! What the hell was that?!" She ran upstairs and took out her bow. A giant sea serpent has appeared out of the water.

**Lara: "Nathan, what the hell is happening?!"

**Nathan: "A sea serpent is trying to mess with us. Some of our men are gone because the serpent ate them. Now, we have to kill it!"

**Lara: "Okay, but how?"

**Nathan: "We use our survival instincts to take down this despicable creature. And I just got the plan. Watch this." He whistles to get the serpent's attention.

**Nathan: "Hey, snake boy! Over here!" The serpent tries to bite Nathan, but Nathan used a knife to get the serpent's fin to stay connected to the floor of the ship.

**Lara: "What if it tries to get loose, Nate?"

**Nathan: "Not a problem." He grabbed a rope and wrapped it around the post of the ship.