Chapter 18: Greece Showdown

(Nathan, Sully and Elena were resting their eyes except Lara who was writing in her journal. When she was done writing, she puts her journal back in her backpack. Mason was right next to Lara with his head propped up on her thigh and she smiled at him.)

Lara: "Aw, are you tired, Mason?" (Mason nods his little head.)

Lara: "I am too. Come here, boy." (Mason sat on her lap and she started rubbing his soft black and white fur.)

Lara: "I hope you can stay with me when I go back home." (Mason whimpers sadly.)

Lara: "Aw, I'll miss you too, boy. I might have to ask my butler though. I'm pretty sure he's going to say yes. I hope he does." (Mason yawned and Lara saw him.)

Lara: "Come on, Mason. To sleep." (Mason cuddled with Lara and she kissed his little head.)

Lara: "Good night, Mason." (The time was midnight and Nathan and Sully were up. Elena got up also, stretching and yawning. She walked outside to talk to Nathan.)

Elena: "You might want to wake up British Brunette. She's been asleep the longest."

Nathan: "Lara. Her name is Lara."

Elena: "Sure." (Nathan went to Lara's tent and tapped on it.)

Nathan: "Psst, Lara. Are you awake?" (He listens, but there was no response. So he went inside and lightly shook her.)

Nathan: "Lara, wake up." (Lara slowly opened her eyes and blinked.)

Lara: "Hm? What is it?"

Nathan: "It's time." (Five minutes later, Lara walked to the Jeep. She looks at her bow for a minute and thought about what Zeus said.)

***Zeus: (Voice echoes) "You are the key to their survival."

***Poseidon: (Voice echoes) "Do that and we'll be free."

***Achilles: (Voice echoes) "Destroy Ares shield."

Lara: "Destroy Ares shield. If succeeded, freedom. If not, death. It's basically suicide, but we can take him out."

Nathan: "You said something?"

Lara: "I was just wondering how we will be able to defeat him. Ares."

Nathan: "By combining the powers to create a supernova which will melt the material away. It's pretty similar like using cement to make concrete. We can do this." (He puts his hand on her right shoulder.)

Lara: "Okay, you're right."

Sully: "Are we ready to head to Greece?"

Nathan: "Yeah."

Lara: "Ready."

Elena: "Let's just get this over with." (Elena walks to the other Jeep and got in the passenger seat.)

Nathan: "Still?"

Sully: "Yeah. She won't stop being upset all the time."

Lara: "It's me, right? It's always been me?"

Sully: "Yeah, kid. Mainly, you're the problem in her eyes."

Lara: "Well, this nightmare has to end one way or another. You're driving, Nathan."

Nathan: "Okay."

Sully: "I like Lara."

Nathan: "Yeah, me too. I just wish that Elena would lay off of her, you know."

Sully: "I know exactly what you mean, kid. Let's ride to Greece." (Sully got in the driver seat and Nathan did as well. They both started engines and took off towards Greece.)(Meanwhile, Ares in dragon form arrived in Greece before the crew did and he was sitting in the parthenon throne of Athena. When he puts his hands on the armrests of the throne chair, the world turned dark and gloomy, but still a big dark blue sky. Suddenly, thunderstorms were brewing.)