Saving the Pig

A/N: wow pplz I've been updating like crazy! also... 196 reads and 28 votes!? wow.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mabel and I decided to go on a walk together. We were going to pass through a small stretch of desert that was yet to be developed then go to the small minimart on the outskirts of town.

As we walked I confessed to Mabel about Wendy and my newfound hop for some kind of relationship between us.

"Dipper that sounds nice but shouldn't you be more worried about WHO or WHAT wrote that message?" She twiddled her eyebrows at me, "I mean, you're always up for a good mystery right?" She playfully punched me in the arm.

I rubbed my arm and looked out across the flat plain to the setting sun. "Mabel... I really wish I should but every time I try to 'investigate' it just lands us in even more trouble." I looked her in the eye, "besides I don't want you, or anyone else I love to get hurt because of me anymore. I think we've both had our fair shares of adventure to last a lifetime."

"We're in this together Dipper, you're not hurting me, I'm just hurting myself." Waddles squealed from the ground, "Yes Waddles, you're part of this too." She cooed to the pig giving him a quick scratch behind the ears.

"It's not that I'm not curious myself Mabel, I just think we need to get on with our lives and stop getting ourselves into trouble!"

"You're acting like an adult... LIKE DAD!" Mabel yelled, suddenly getting angry. "I can't believe you're going to be like this!" she huffed.

"Like what?"

"A teenager."

"Oh."

An awkward silence passed, then I tried to speak up but was cut off by Mabel. "But we ARE teen-"

"I'm going to find out on my own. I don't need your help." Her voice was quiet and reserved but prickled with danger and malace.

Then she turned on her heel scooped up Waddles and proceeded back towards our house.

Offended I kept walking towards the minimart. I guess pittcola and the sunset would be my only companions tonight.

*TIME SKIP*

I handed the cashier a $5 bill and 2 cans of pittcola he handed me my change, asked me if I wanted a membership at the dinky little chain of drugstores, I refused, then moved onto the next customer.

I walked out into the night, the street was empty, and the two visible streetlamp were flickering unpredictably.

I walked down the street reliving in my head many of the things in my childhood that I had done. Lost in my thoughts I failed to notice the figure, equally distracted, walking straight towards me.

++++++++++++++++++++

remember to vote or comment if you have suggestions! :3