Trust No One

Wendy's pov

Wendy had finally given up trying to sleep last night when her mind wouldn't stop replaying the day's events over and over. She had spent the wee hours of the night first, trying to contact both Mr. Pines. Then she had written down a list of everyone who had exhibited at least minor symptoms to the "epidemic" that last afternoon. The list went something like this:

Dipper (fainted and spoke the strange message)

Mabel (fainted)

Pacifica, Tyrone, Herself, almost all of the residents of Gravity Falls (heard voices and almost fainted)

Gideon and Mr. Gleeful (fainted and spoke?)

She had stared at this list for almost an hour trying to puzzle it all out. There had to be a connection somewhere! Her eyes blurred and her mind felt fuzzy from the lack of sleep. When she finally went to sleep she thought she had figured it out, or maybe only the vague beginning of an idea.

Dipper's pov

Dipper had gone to bed early because of his recent fainting "problem". So he was up early the next morning. Pacifica had left last night so the house felt strangely empty as he slowly walked through the dimly lit hallways.

Dipper felt a strange throbbing sensation behind his left eye but it wasn't unpleasant so he chose to ignore it, suppressing the part of himself who would've leapt at the opportunity to solve another mystery.

As Dipper went through his morning routine he remembered his promise to call Wendy back. Dipper couldn't believe he hadn't remembered something this big and chided himself for being so stupid. What was wrong with him?

While munching on a banana Dipper grabbed the phone and dialed Wendy's number.

As the phone rang Dipper chewed his banana and tried to think of something clever to say when he answered the phone. Should he sound unfazed by the events? Would that impress Wendy?

Or maybe he should sound scared so Wendy would want to comfort him.

After a minute she still hadn't picked up, for some reason this struck a nerve with Dipper. Why should he even talk to her? Why should he care about trying to impress her it was just going to end up in devastating disappointment for him anyway, why bother?

Dipper hung up.

Wendy's POV

It was really late in the afternoon when Wendy finally dragged herself out of bed. She brushed her teeth as she checked her phone. Wendy noticed Dipper had called. Smiling, she dialed his number and waited to hear his cheerful voice. That was what she really needed right now, someone to talk to who wasn't in the middle of this mess, someone who would make everything seem normal.

Dipper didn't pick up.

She tried calling him five times and frantically texted him, but to no avail. Wendy was worried about him, usually when she called or texted him he was right on top of things with a quick reply. But now he was MIA.

Wendy sighed and called Mabel instead in order to fill her in with what she had figured out last night.

"Hey Wendy! Did you figure out anything new?" asked Mabel, peppy as always. Wendy could almost picture her now, wearing one of her technicolor sweaters and playing with some sort of wacky new toy.

"Sort of, it's more of the beginning of an idea really." Wendy grabbed the list she had made that night and smoothed out the wrinkles, she had fallen asleep on it. "I think that there's a connection between everyone who had something happen to them yesterday and Bill." She let this sink in a minute before continuing, "The people who have had the most contact with Bill like yourself, Pacifica, Dipper, Gideon and so forth, exhibited the most serious symptoms. People located in the weirdness bubble all had some sort of ailment during the time Dipper had his seizure and this makes sense."

Mabel was quiet for a few seconds then asked, "What about Tyrone? How does he fit in?"

"Well, there's only two reasons I can think of that would make sense. One, he has a strong connection to someone who had close connection or encounters with Bill. Or two, he made some sort of deal with Bill that we don't know about."

Wendy really didn't want to consider the second option, she wanted to believe that Tyrone was a good kid but if the last summer had taught her anything it was this: Trust No One.

________

K peeps i kinda have an announcement to make, im gonna be gone for a 5 day camp thingamabop and we cant have "personal electronic devices" so i wont be updating during that time

BUT NEVER FEAR! I will still be writing the old fashioned way and will have a large chunk of writing to upload after i get back

Until next time,

Hugs! <3