Chapter 5

"He's so cute!" Sarah exclaimed as she kept stealing looks at Amir. He was playing soccer with the boys side near our,the girls, field during P.E.

I rolled my eyes as Amir stared in our direction before kicking the ball into the net. He made it. I pretended not to look and turned around, paying him no attention after that.

"Malak! Malak!" Sarah nudged me.

"What?" I kept my eyes on the ball coming towards me. I'm now calculating how to get it from this point to the net, I was pretty close so it would be easier.

"Amir! He's looking at me!!" She kept nudging me and I couldn't focus. I barely heard her.

I turned to her. "What did you say?" And then the ball passed me and everyone was yelling at me because I didn't kick it to someone near.

I felt frustrated and just excused myself to the toiletries. Sarah was still trying to get me to pay attention to her story but I didn't care now. I needed to go wash my face and cool down. The heat was almost unbearable.

Sarah didn't come because the teacher wouldn't let her which was great. I don't want to here whatever she had to say. It may sound rude but all Sarah ever talks about are boys. I'm guessing she only talks to me for that reason. No one else is going to deal with it. I hated it too But since she was someone who didn't hate me, I didn't really mind too much although at times it was almost unbearable.

The bathrooms were not too far from the soccer field but they weren't too close to see what's going on so sometimes this becomes a make out sesh which was gross. Who wants to do that stuff when sweaty?? I cringed but thankfully nobody was here.

I walked into the girls restroom and washed my face and hands. Sometimes this hijab can get a little hot so I unwrapped it and let my neck breathe.

When I finally cooled down I wrapped it up and went back outside. A little water fountain was next to the bathrooms so I bent down to drink but before I could even push the button, a spider stood on top of the fountain staring at me.

Now I was a pretty strong girl but when it comes down to insects especially spiders, I freak out. I screamed and back away. It wasn't a poisonous one but it was gross.

I looked at it staring at me. I stared back but with freight. It suddenly moved towards me and I tried to shoo it off but it got even more crazy and jumped onto my shirt.

I panicked and thought this was how I was going to die. I didn't even write my will! It's not like I ha anything anyways but still!

I almost began crying because the little evil thing wouldn't come off. Then suddenly a hand moves across my shirt and smacks it off.

"There you go peasant." Amir scoffed. He stood proudly like he was superman. But before I could come up with a witty reply I see the spider climbing on his leg. He smacked it on to himself.

"Amir!" I screech and point to his leg.

He sees it and he becomes horrified. He starts thrashing his leg around but the spider doesn't completely come off. "Oh shit!" He became terrified. "Get it off get it off." He grunted.

I didn't know what to do but cringe and watch in horror. I also panicked but it finally flew off. He ran behind me and hid. "Is it gone?" He whispered and I quickly shook him off.

"Obviously." I looked at my nails as he stared at me with his light green eyes. Although I was still very terrified of the spider still lingering around.

He straightened his posture and quickly regained his cockiness. "Let's not bump into each other again." He then walked away with his signature walk.