Chapter 24

I didn't want to wake up this morning but here I am in front of the gates of hell. School.

After the hellish things my mother said last night I didn't know how to come with the fact that everything was burning down to flames and I can't do anything.

I was nervous and deep inside knew that me and Amir were now in hot water and he would never believe  me. Because he's going to meet my fiancé and that's it. I'm done. We'll be done.

I tightened my grip around the thick straps of my backpack and took my step.

"There you are commoner!" Amir shouted with a pointed finger jabbed in my direction. Today he was dressed in ripped black jeans paired with a loose white tee. His light brown hair disheveled on his head with his beautiful green eyes glaring at me. I knew I was going to miss his crazy personality. My heart sank as I remembered what I had to do.

Act normal, I told myself but how am u when my heart was going to jump out of my chest any second now.

"Oh don't give me that look, you non replyer." He wagged his finger at me. I rolled my eyes, trying to act like the old malak.

"What are you blabbing about anyways?" I replied.

He put his hands on his hips. "I texted you one hundred times and you never replied." He spoke as he matched my slow walk.

I smiled. "Sorry I was busy."

"Busy my ass." He murmured. "I usually never let a girl do that to me but you're an exception." He said teasingly.

I lightly laughed. It hurt to laugh honestly. "I'm glad that I'm that girl." I spoke.

"You're too spoiled." He chuckled.

"Am not." I scowled at him.

"Anyways I have something to discuss with you today. It's actually very important." He said seriously, dropping his playful tone.

"What is it?" My heart hammered against my chest.

"Something." He smiled showcasing his straight white teeth.

"Okay. I do too actually." I felt my toes curl.

"What is it?" He leaned in.

"Something." I looked at the gravel we were walking on. I wondered where Hanif is right now. Was he wondering the halls looking for me or spying on my being because he was THAT guy.

"Okay. Later then." He said and I nodded. Amir cocked his head. "You know Malak. Something is off about you today." He spoke carefully. "What's wrong?"

I lifted my head up and quickly met his worried gaze. "I'm sorry. Just something is going on."

He stood in front of me and looked me in the eye."You know you could ask for my help anytime with your finances. I don't mind." I could tell that he did care but I wish it was finances and it wasn't breaking his heart and mine.

I shooed him off. "I can handle it!"

He chuckled. "If you don't I'll kick your ass."

"I'ma a girl you can't touch me." I rolled my eyes.

"Touching? That's something else darling." He winked and I pushed him away.

"You're so annoying!" I laughed.

*****

"CHOJI! It's all falling!" I grabbed his backpack and shook him.