Chapter 18

Hello lovlies!

Please vote! Thank you so much for the support!

******

The next day at school, it was a total bore. 

I literally sat all day just staring at Choji's forehead until he got self conscious about it. 

"What is wrong with you today?" He snapped his fingers in front of me. 

"I'm concentrating." I say dully.

"At what?!" He said with frustration. "My zits?"

I broke my concentration and burst out laughing. "But really though Choji I could play connect- the-dots with your forehead."

Choji gasped and covered his forehead. "How dare you."

I laughed, he was way too easy to take a jab at. He had no zits but I loved to poke at his self-esteem.

Choji then narrowed his eyes. "I know what's wrong with you." He looked at me teasingly.

I narrowed my eyes back at him. "What?"

"Amir is not here. You miss your narcissistic monster."

I started to heat up as if he was harshly  interrogating me. 

"No." I said firmly but  I knew I was lying because my heart sped up at the sound of his name.

"Ahhhh." He waved me off. "Whatever Malak."

"Shut up Choji and do your homework."

"Oh yeah right!" He quickly picked up his pencil. "I need help on number 1."

My jaw dropped. He was still on that math problem and we have been sitting here for almost an hour. 

*****

I kicked the loose rubble on the front of our small house and sighed, full of frustration.  

Maybe Choji was right and I should probably not intertwine my feelings and associate them with Amir. I didn't want to fall head over heels for a guy that was well, Amir. 

A wave of sadness rushed over me. 

A deep feeling within me pointed out that me and Amir, if we were to be, It would be difficult and both of us could get hurt in the process.

His life just didn't match with mine. 

***

The next day I rushed to school because the night before I was restless.

I way into my feelings and the weird sad feelings followed me until now.

However when I finally arrived everyone looked at me. No, stared me down. Girls sneared in my direction and the guys threw me confusing looks.

I finally stopped at my locker and opened it to throw my books in when a little pink note with gold lining stared at me. 

Will you go to the ball with me? 

This was written in beautiful fancy cursive.

My heart raced so fast against my chest, I thought I was going to have heart attack when I scrolled down to see who signed it. 

Amir.

I freaked out and slammed my locker shut. Breathing heavily trying to make an understanding of it all. Trying to take it all in.

It was becoming real, he was really telling me his feelings.

I opened the locker again to make sure it was real. And it sure was.