Chapter 16

Please vote and comment! Your support is needed! Thank you beauties!

Also leave me your thoughts on this chapter! Id love to hear from you!

Im curious, can you guys see the media I put up with the chapter and what do use to read my book? (ex: phone, computer, or tablet?) 

******

"My god you are an idiot." Choji said rather calmly while Amir had his hand on his throat.

Amir shot me a puzzled look then looked back at Choji. "What do you mean?"

Choji then glanced at me. "Malak oh god you know who I meant!"

"I did know! But this idiot wouldn't let me explain." I ushered at Amir.

Amir looked between us. "Well? What is it?"

"Put him down first." I was about to tell Amir a long story. "Choji had this girl who his parents are trying to get him married to. She's dying for him but he doesn't see her as a lover. He's into her as a friend."

Amir, dumbfounded looked at me. "So you're telling me that this letter," Amir spoke as I watch him crumble up the tiny letter, "is not intended for you."

"Yeah basically." Me and Choji said in unison.

"I mean don't get me wrong," Choji waved his hand, "Malak is beautiful but I wouldn't disrespect her like that."

Amir glared at Choji.

I clapped my hands together . "Well! Isn't it such a beautiful day today? Let's all go our separate ways shall we?"

"You're right. " Amir nodded and my arm. "Let's go."

I rolled my eyes. "Amir you knew what I meant."

He laughed nervously and scratched his head. "You meant you, me, and Choji split right?"

"Yep."

"Well that's what's happening, me and you are splitting from Choji."

"No I meant- ugh never mind." I let it slide, Amir was sometimes, how do you put it? Oh yeah,  a dumbass.

He smirked proudly. I don't know what came over me but in this millisecond of a moment I found his smile to be quite charming.

I slapped my cheek. Not too hard but enough to wake me from those unnatural feelings.

Amir looked at me, confused. "What was that?" He asked then his eyes widened. "Is there a bug!?" He waved his hands around frantically.

"No there isn't." Just my weird and unpleasant feelings.

He calmed down and then looked at me, as if he had something important to say. "Hey Malak?"

I wonder what interesting would come out of his mouth now. "What?"

He scratched his chin. "Well, I know you and your family is struggling-"

I cut him off. "No we're fine."

He shot me an unpleasant look. "Right." He sighed. He ran a hand through his thick hair, "Well darlin' when ever you need help, you know where to find me."

And when that he quickly spun around and headed on his way. All I could do was stare at his broad shoulders, he left me no time to wittily reply.   

***********

I couldn't sleep all night. I kept thinking about the encounter with Amir earlier today. Why was he so eager to help me. I thought he hated my guts. These days, he's been suspiciously always around me almost suffocating my space. Actually it has been like that for a while. 

Then suddenly its as if a lightbulb dind't just turn on, no it blew up off over my head. 

Is Amir interested in me?

****************

The next day I steered clear from Amir. Whenever he tried to  talk to me, I pretended I had something to do. I basically ran out of the school when we were dismissed for the whole day. I can't say I didn't feel bad about the whole thing but I wanted to not even catch the slightest feelings for anyone. I built a wall a long time ago that feelings were a no-no. 

I wanted to work on myself and focus on getting my family out of that horrible neighborhood.

Surprisingly even choji saw me and ignored my presence, I guess he knew I wasn't in the mood to joke. Or maybe he was still shy about what happened yesterday, i mean everyone was talking about it.

I slowed down my breathing when I was far away from the school campus. I buckled over and coughed until I was sure my lungs would burst. 

I finally recovered into my normal breathing patterns and plopped down on the hard, hot sidewalk. It wasn't any fun to sit down in the scorching sun but I needed to calm my nerves. 

Out of nowhere, a sleek black classy car pulled up to the sidewalk, right in front of me. My heart started to pound because I immediately thought that I was in a dangerous situation.   I was about to jump and start sprinting when a glossy opaque window rolled down. 

"Aww, you've so hard trying to run away from me." Amir said humorlessly except there was nothing funny  about his tone. 

I jolted back. "Amir leave me alone!"

Amir's lips curled up to form a mischievous smirk and shook his head slowly. He let out a dry laugh. "You  think I don't know what you're doing?"

I picked myself up and ignored his stupid face. I grabbed my bag off the ground and started to wallk away from the car but the car followed with my pace. 

I abruptly and stared at him. "Amir it would be amazing if you left me alone." 

He looked at me, his eyes glossy with mischief.  "But Malak, " He scratched  his chin. Amir seems to have let his light stubble grow. "I don't think you actually want that." 

I narrowed my eyes. "I would love that."

His jaw tightened, "We'll see." 

And before I could say anything, he spoke something in a foreign language, that I couldn't understand, to the driver in the front. The car zoomed out of my presence and left me lonely again.

I couldn't help but wonder. Whats on his insane mind now?