Chapter 25

After that fight me and Amir didn't ignored each other to the max. No way he gave me even the slightest attention and while I know it was my fault, it still hurt.

"This is who you're getting married too?" Amir stood up after leaving Hanif clutching his bloody nose. "How did you stoop so low?" Amir gritted. His eyes weren't Amir's normal emerald eyes, they were burning up in rage. I was too scared to reply.

I didn't know what to think because soon enough the teachers noticed the crowd and pulled everyone out.

Choji took me home while I silently let the guilt eat me up slowly. "It hurts huh?" Choji spoke up after turning at the intersection.

"Really bad." I replied hoarsely.

I shook off the horrible memory and saw Hanif walking up to me. He wasn't happy, and I don't expect to be. I honestly have this weird feeling not to trust him. I don't know but something is awfully off about him.

"I want to talk to you." He spoke casually with his hands tucked in his pocket. He doesn't seem at all intimated with Amir. It was weird.

"I'm breaking off the engagement." I said quickly. This is the chance I have. I don't care anymore what he thought. "I'm telling our parents tonight."

Hanif surprisingly took a step back. He was clearly shocked. "You better not Malak." His voice was lined with a warning. It ticked me off.

"I don't want to marry you." I bit out.

He rolled his eyes. "And you think I do?" He sighed.

I was a little shocked I had to admit. He was a great actor at whatever he was trying to get.

"Then why didn't you say anything?" I was so confused now. I thought he had initiated the engagement.

"Well for the same reason you did." He smirked handsomely.

"Parents?" We both said in unison.

"Seriously?" I flung my arms up. "And I thought-"

"Yeah I know." He interrupted.

"Well I'll break it off. I'll let my mother know." I said. "I don't think it's right."

"Why? We could get married." He put emphasis on 'could' .

I shook my head lightly. "I'm sorry Hanif. But I really can't. I have to be honest."

"That monkey is the guy you're in love with?" He looked at me.

"Amir?" I laughed. "I guess."

"You can't guess love." Hanif eyes showed a little bit of concern. It seemed as a memory flashed in front of him.

I smiled. "Do you have someone in mind as well?"

He looked away. His sudden upbeat self gone. "No. Not anymore."

"Oh." I didn't feel the need to push the convo where he didn't feel comfortable.

"Anyways. I'll let my mother know but please don't say anything until I say to my parents. I don't want you to be affected." He smiled and turned quickly. He fished out his car keys out of his black jeans and walked away.