[Chapter Seventeen]

Thorin had managed to get loose from the goblins hold and stepped forward to face the giant goblin who looked at him recognition. " Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain." The great goblin rang as he gave the dwarf an exaggerated bow. The minions had pulled the hobbit to her feet, with a knife pointed at her throat. Thorin looked at her quickly, grateful that the woman was still breathing and then he turned to look back at the ugly creature that stood before him.

" Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king, which makes you nobody, really. " The great goblin chuckled at this, as his minions joined in. The woman saw the young princes discouraged look as he heard this. " I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head. Nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak. An old enemy of yours." The goblin stated. Thorin looked up at him bewildered and the beast laughed at the dwarf's face.

" A Pale Orc, astride a White Warg." The prince locked up in surprise.

" Azog The Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago. " Thorin snapped at the goblin. The great goblin leaned closer to the dwarf and chuckled.

" So you think his defling days are done, do you?" The goblin let out an evil laugh as he turned to a tiny goblin sitting in a basket and holding a slate. " Send word to the Pale Orc; tell him I have found his prize." The giant goblin order. The tiny goblin writes down the message on his slate; crackling, he then pulls a lever causing the basket to start sliding down a system of ropes and pulleys into the darkness.

Freya heard the sounds of more goblins coming along the wooden bridge. The hobbit looked behind her and from what she could see it was goblins carring wooden torture weapons of all sorts. The hobbit struggled in the tight grip of the goblin minions, wanting to be free of their slimy touch on her skin, the one goblin moved the blade closer to her throat, and she felt the sting against her skin and she stopped; fearing the goblin would slice her throat.

The goblin King began dancing and singing as his minions brought the torture instruments closer.

"Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung!

You'll be beaten and battered, from

racks you'll be hung. You will lie down here

and never be found, down in the deep of Goblin town."

The dwarves were struggling amongst the goblins as they got lined up to be tortured. One of the kings high trusted goblin and few others were examining the weapons they had acquired when they were captured in the wooden cage. A goblin picks up Thorin sword, Orcrist and slides it a few inches out of it's sheath.

The minion recognized the sword, he gasps in horror and throws down the sword. It lands in view of all the goblins. Everyone of the goblins recognize it, howling in fear and rage as they retreat from it. The goblin king runs rapidly to his throne, trampling many of his own on his way.

" I know that sword! It is the Goblin-Cleaver! The Biter! The blade that sliced a thousand necks!" The goblin king cried out in fear. His minions began attacking the dwarves climbing all of them. Slashing them with ropes. " Slash them! Beat them! Kill Them! Kill them all! Prepare her for the bone breaker!" The king ordered his minions as he pointed to the woman. The two goblins that had the hobbit pulled her over towards the bone breaker as she struggled against them. " And cut off his head!" He shouted in anger.

The prince was pinned to the ground held down by a number of goblins. One of them pulls out his knife and prepares to behead the dwarf. Suddenly, there is a massive explosion of bright light; sending a ripple effect through the area, flinging goblins in the air and destroying the torturing machines. The dwarves and the woman were knocked down, including the great goblin. When the force of the explosion had passed, most of the lights in the area have been snuffed out.