[Chapter Fifty Six]

The sound of the horn faded and a golden bell came smashing through the wall. Thorin led the charge out of the mountain, and continued to run through the cleared path, his kin had made. "To the king! To the king!" Dain shouted as he followed behind his cousin along the rest of their kin.

" D'abakkur!" Thorin yelled, as he raised his sword above his head and his shield in front of him as they engaged their enemy, taking out every orc that was within sword length.

Bilbo and Freya both ran across a bridge that had a direct view to Erebor and their they could faintly see the dwarves taking out Azog's forces. "The Dwarves. They're rallying!" Bilbo breathed, as the wizard ran to their side.

"They're rallying to their king." Gandalf praised smiling down at the two hobbits. Freya couldn't help but smile. Thorin had finally overcame his madness. However their moment was short lived as they heard orcs screeching behind them and the three of them went back into the fight praying that they would be reunited with the dwarves when this was over.

Being a hobbit had its disadvantages with these giant vile creatures, but it also had its advantages. For instants it was a lot easier for Freya to duck as an orcs sword came swinging at her, trying to take her head off and she sliced through the orcs chest and it fell to the ground, struggling to get back up and she plunged her sword into the monsters chest and yanked her weapon out, getting spattered in face by the orcs blood as she moved onto the next orc that came in her path.

Thorin had taken out many orcs since he joined the battle along with the rest of the company. He remembered everything, everything he had done to Bilbo and to the only woman he had ever loved. He could still see clear in his mind that look she had on her face when he had her nearly dangling over the edge of the battlement to when he yanked the necklace from her neck. It was a look that he never wanted to be the last that he saw of her. He had no idea where she was or if she was even still alive and he tried hard not to picture finding her on the battlefield slaughtered because of his doing. All he wanted was to see her again, even if it was his last but at least he knew she was alive. He fought side by side with his nephews, as he searched for Freya, hoping she was among Dain's army. " Freya!" Thoring yelled over the chaos that was around them. He continued to shout for her a few more times and then looked to his nephews who shook their head having no luck of finding her among the dwarves either. Thorin whirled around and looked in the direction of the city and his only thoughts was that she had to be in their along with Bilbo and the wizard and though that bit of hope did nothing to ease his mind knowing if she was alive. He wasn't going to stop until he found her.

Thorin swung his sword, striking an orc down that tried to come at him from behind. "Dain!" Thorin yelled out as he swung around to take out another orc that was coming towards him.

"Thorin! Hold on! I'm coming!" Dain answered as he fought off an orc of his own. He jumped onto the back of another orc, using the handle of his battle hammer to cut off the air to the orc's lungs when he saw another orc about to take out his cousin and he swung his weapon into the creatures head and tossed the orc he was on, on the ground and picked up his hammer and slammed it into the orcs head, putting it out of its misery. " Hey cousin! What took you so long?" The two of them approached each other and hugged. " Now, who is this Freya, lass you keep shouting for?" Dain asked, curiously.

"Someone that I care for deeply. It's my fault...she's out here because of me. I must find her." Thorin pressed.

"There's too many of these buggers, Thorin. I hope you've got a plan." Dain stated.

Thorin looks in the direction of Ravenhill and see's Azog on the tower where the device was giving his orc army orders." Aye, were going to take out their leader." Thorin declared as ran towards a ram and jumps onto it's back and grabbing the reigns.

"Azog?" Dain uttered.

"I'm gonna kill that piece of filth." He hissed.

"Thorin, you cannot do this. You're our King." Dain reminded as he tried to reason with his cousin. But Thorin knew he had to end this once and for all. Even if it cost him his own life.

"That is why I must do it." Thorin stated, remembering why else he had to do this. He made himself a promise when his archenemy had brought harm to the young woman that he had come to love and wasn't going to let it happen again. The dwarf king reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace that he had yanked from Freya's neck and looked to his cousin. "If I should not return, please give this to her and tell her I'm sorry for everything and that I love her. She needs to know that." Thorin pressed, looking at his cousin.

"Laddie we will find her." Dain promised, taking the necklace from Thorin. " Yeh better just return so you don't disappoint this lass and you can tell her this yourself." Dain said seriously. " And just how do you plan to fight your way single-handed to Ravenhill?" The dwarf challenged. Thorin suddenly looked to his side to see goats pulling a chariot with Balin at the reigns, Dwalin operating the mechanical device attached to chariot and Fili and Kili armed with their swords.

"It's been a while since I've done this." Balin hissed at his bickering younger brother.

"On! To Ravenhill!" Thorin commanded, as he dug the heels of his boots into the animals side and he took the led, charging at the orc army that stood in their way to Ravenhill.

"Hold tight lads!" Balin shouted as he held onto the reigns tightly as the chariot began to move and gain speed.

"You're all mad bastards!" Dain chuckled as he watched them disappear through the army of orcs. " May Durin save you all."

It felt like hours had gone by since Freya and Bilbo had seen Thorin and the dwarves come charging out of the mountain. All Freya heard was the continuous screams of people and the screeching of orcs as they continued to invade and slaughter woman, men, elves and children in their paths.

"Gandalf!" Bilbo yelled as he ran towards a ledge when he saw something in the distance.

"Ugh!" Gandalf cried out as he struck down an orc that tried to kill him and ran over to the hobbit's side, Freya right behind.

Both of the hobbit's were breathing heavily, haven't had the chance to catch their breath until now. "It's Thorin!" Bilbo continued as Freya looked in that direction and sure enough saw Thorin on a ram with three other behind him, heading up stairs.

"And Fili, Kili and Dwalin." Gandalf added, knowing where they were headed. " He's taking his best warriors."

"To do what?" Freya dared to ask, fearing the worse.

"To cut the head off the snake." The wizard stated in a serious tone, and Freya swallowed at the sudden pit she felt inside. The woman couldn't stop looking in the direction of Ravenhill, she couldn't stay here knowing he was up there, with Azog.

"Gandalf!" A familiar voice shouted for the wizard. Freya and Bilbo both turned around to see it was the young elf prince of Mirkwood.

"Legolas." Gandalf sighed with relief. " Legolas Greenleaf!" The wizard approached the elf as he climbed off his horse and walked the rest of the way.

"There is a second army. Bolf leads a force of Gundabad orcs. They are almost upon us." Legolas informed. Freya's heart began to race, hearing this new information. Thorin and the others were headed right into a trap. The woman slowly backed away and disappeared around the corner. She had to warn them or die trying to.

"Gundabad. This was their plan all along. Azog engages our forces, then Bolg sweeps in from the north." Gandalf sneered, wondering why he hadn't seen this coming sooner.

Bilbo looked to his side only to see his cousin wasn't beside him, he did a full circle and didn't see here anywhere and he began to panic. "Freya?....Freya!?" The hobbit cried out for his cousin and realized she must have taken off as soon as Legolas had informed them all of another army that would be ambushing Thorin, Fili, Kili and Dwalin. Leaving them outnumbered up there. " Wha--th-the north? Where is the north exactly?" Bilbo demanded, hoping it wasn't where he thought it was.

"Ravenhill." Gandalf sighed.

"Ravenhill? Thorin is up there. And Fili and Kili. And Freya's on her way. They're all up there." Bilbo panicked as he made hast back over to ledge starring at the tower, now fearing for his cousin's life.