[Chapter Thirty Five]

The Master had declared a fest for the dwarves at his home, in honor of them reclaiming their homeland and in hopes they would see riches once again. The dwarves were content doing their own thing at the feast. Whether it be enjoying a whole table full of delicious foods, or betting who would be the first to drop drinking ale, some even enjoyed dancing to the music that filled the room.

Freya had been given a dress to wear for this fine night, as a gift from the master. She was out in the middle of the floor, dancing and being spun around by Bofur. Bilbo was enjoying himself with a good book, relaxing in a chair. One dwarf in particular was staring in the woman's direction. Balin and Dwalin were standing beside him with their mug of ale in their hands, discussing the plans when they reach the mountain, when Dwalin noticed the princes intense stare. " Are you just going to stare at her laddie, or you going to ask her to dance.?" He chuckled, and Thorin turned to look at his friend, and he let out an awkward snicker that he had been caught staring.

" Don't be ridiculous, why would she want to dance with me?"

" Well it's clear, you want to dance with her, you haven't been listening to a word we've said." Balin added, chuckling.

" Yes I have, I've heard everything you two have said." Thorin insisted, taking another sip of his ale and setting it aside on the table.

" Oh really lad? Then what have we been talking about then?" Thorin's silence was enough of an answer for them that they were right. The three of them glanced over to see her now dancing with Oin, how the hobbit managed to get him to dance was a shock. Thorin remember how hard it was for Oin's wife to convince him to dance with her at their feast they would have in Ered Luin, but it didn't take the prince long to figure out the reason, he couldn't stop looking at her smile she had on, he hadn't seen it in a long time.

The woman came skipping over to the three dwarves. "Good evening Lass," Balin greeted with a grin on his face. She smiled back at him.

" Dwalin, would you like to dance?" She asked. The warriors face flushed and Thorin had to hid his smirk. He shook his head, and the woman just smiled and decided she wouldn't embarrass him any further and she looked at Balin. " What about you Balin? I know you wouldn't refuse a dance?"

He nodded in agreement. " That you are right lass, but I am not as young as I once was. Thorin however would never refuse a beautiful woman a dance." Balin stated and Thorin was no longer smirking, instead he gave the older dwarf a look.

" No, really I'm not that good of a dancer." Thorin insisted.

" Quite making excuses and just give the lass a dance." Dwalin chuckled and the two brothers pushed their prince in to the woman, making him catch her. He took hold of her hand in his and placed his free hand on her back and she placed her hand on his shoulder. The two of them just slowly moved, not sure what to say to each other.

" You look beautiful tonight." Thorin spoke, and the hobbit felt her cheeks heat up and she stuttered her thanks and he just smiled when he noticed she had flushed a most becoming shade of pink at the compliment. The woman was for the first time at loss as to what to say to the dwarf.

Thorin moved a little faster, careful not to step on her. "Thank you." Freya snapped out of her deep thoughts and looked at him confused.

"For what?"

"For what you and your cousin said. It was a noble thing you did."

" I meant every word of it Thorin. I know if we succeed in reclaiming the mountain that you will keep your word that you promised to these people." The woman pressed to him. He smiled at her. " For someone who says their not a good dancer, your doing quiet well." Freya stated with a smirk.

" I did attend a few parties my grandfather held at the mountain long ago." Thorin admitted

" I am sure you had all the maidens lined up wanting a dance with you." The woman teased, causing him to chuckle and look down at the floor before looking back into her eyes. He released his hand that was on her back and twirled her around, hearing the giggle escape her lips as she came to face him and he placed his hand on her back again.

Balin had been watching the two of them for awhile and then looked his brother." Want to make a bet brother?" Dwalin perked his head up at the sound of this.

" What did you have in mind brother?" Dwalin asked, snickering.

" I bet you ten coins our prince will kiss Freya by the end of the night." Balin stated, feeling sure about this. Dwalin chuckled at his brothers bet and glanced at them

" Your on brother." Dwalin agreed. He had made so many bets over the years against his brother and never winning. He felt determined that this would be a bet his older brother wouldn't win at. He was sure the prince would fulfill his obligation to his people before having any sort of romantic relationship with a woman and the two brother shook on it. Thorin spun the hobbit a few more times, before coming to a complete stop. He continued to stare into her eyes, she hadn't even noticed that his lips were only inches from hers. He was about to close off the little space between them when someone knocked into them both. Thorin yanked her out of the way in time before she got trampled on. He looked up to see it was eldest nephew.

" Freya, would you like to dance?" Fili asked, holding out his hand to her. The woman glanced at Thorin and then back at Fili.

" Well, I--" She stuttered, and Fili decided to take that as conformation and he turned to his uncle.

" Your done dancing with her aren't you uncle?" Thorin looked at her, but then nodded. His nephew had ruined his mood he was in just a few seconds ago with the hobbit. The prince was unaware that he was still holding her hand. " Ah, uncle are you going to let her go?" Fili questioned, Shaking his head at the fact he didn't even notice, he hesitantly let her hand slip out of his and watched her leave with his nephew. She glanced back at the prince one more time before putting on a fake smile.

Thorin walked back towards Balin and Dwalin. The elder dwarf raised an eyebrow. Thorin let out a sigh before answering looking at the woman. " She deserves better." and before Balin could say anything Thorin left down the hall with his mug of ale.

" Looks like this will be a bet you wont be winning." Dwalin chuckled, tapping his pocket, feeling the gold coins that he would soon be claiming.

"The nights not over yet brother." Balin growled.