[Chapter Twenty Five]

The woman glanced over at the stream again and slowly walked over to the vines that Kili had suggested. Freya was about to try and talk her way out of this, but it was her against all these dwarves. She took the vine, trying to get a firm grip on it, but it felt slimy and gross.

" Freya be careful." Bilbo warned, standing beside her. She nodded and took her first step onto the vine and started inching her way across

" It's all right." The woman stated. The hobbit let out random shrieks when she almost lost her balance on the vine.

" Are you alright lass?" Balin shouted, feeling nervous watching the young woman clinging to the vine to hold herself steady.

" Can't see any problem." Freya stated in a delirious voice. " Aah! There's one." she shrieked, falling over and catching the vine with her legs. No one had notice the dwarf prince was moving closer and closer to the vines.

" Freya!" Bilbo cried out, but Dwalin held him back.

" Everything's.. Fine." Freya stared into the mist that surround the stream, but manages to snap out of her daze and lets out a grunt as she swings herself to another vine only to slip and lean forward to grab hold of another and her face was inches from the stream. She stared at her reflection, feeling dizzier then ever, seeming lost and forgetting everything. Thorin couldn't watch anymore and cursed under his breath and jumped onto the vine to help her, only too feel the full affects of the enchantment himself.

Bilbo and the others were shouting at the woman and she didn't hear them at first and she shook her head and the voices of her cousin and the others telling her to wake up were coming clearer. Thorin was still struggling on the first vine. The woman managed to pull herself to another set of vines, one of her feet touched the top of the water, making the vines she was on slippery and she launched herself to a platform, letting out a sigh that she made it across.

She sat there for a second, and something wasn't quite right. Freya shook her head and finger, she knew it was something but she couldn't put her finger on what it was. " Something's not right." She murmured to herself. " It's not right at all." Freya sat on a step and turned to look at the others to warn them. " Stay where you are!" She yelled but she was already to late. The dwarves and her cousin were already struggling to make there way over to her behind Thorin. " Oh."

" I can't get a grip." Dwalin grumbled, the dwarves grunted as they slipped on the vines. Freya slapped herself in the cheeks trying to keep herself awake. Bombur had fallen against a vine into a deep sleep, while the others continued to try and get across without falling into the stream.

Thorin finally jumped onto the platform where Freya was still sitting in a deep gaze and she looked to her side snapping her out of her daze. She got up. Thorin had his bow gripped firmly in his hand, he turned to see how his nephews and the others were doing when they heard a noise across from them. They slowly turned to look and saw a white stag.

" Stay still." Thorin hissed at her quietly. Freya's eyes never left the animals, when she noticed out of the corner of her eye Thorin slowly aiming his bow, armed with an arrow at the stag.

" What are you doing?" The woman questioned. Thorin and the stag stared at each other. Freya turned back to look at the animal it was snarling at the dwarf. Thorin released the arrow and it missed and the stag took off.

" You shouldn't have done that. It's bad luck." Freya stated.

" I don't believe in luck. We make our own luck." Thorin grumbled. Suddenly their was a splash and Bombur fell on his back into the stream. Thorin looked back at the woman who was about to say something. " Don't even say it." Thorin growled and the hobbit remained silent while Thorin stormed up the steps. She looked at the snoring dwarf and wondered if things were about to get worse for them. Dwalin, Fili and Kili dragged Bombur out of the water and waited a few minutes trying to wake him, but the stream had put him into a deeper sleep then they thought.