Seven: Escape

"Hazel? You okay?" I opened my eyes and saw Sean leaning over me.  

"Wh-what happened?" I looked around the room and started to sit up when Sean put his hands on my shoulders, making me lay back down.  

"Leon, being the idiot he is, shot you in the leg but we got you fixed up and you should be okay after a while. Roxanne gave you some pain killers earlier so you shouldn't feel anything right now." He told me. Finally, everything came rushing back into my head and I shot up in bed.  

"Chris! Is he okay? Where is he? Did Leon shoot him?"  

"Calm down, calm down, he's fine. I'm the one watching over him now and he's constantly asking about you. What did you do to make him like you so much?"  

"I-I honestly don't know. All we ever did was talk but I guess it's because I took care of him. You know, after Leon hurt him. And I unchained him at times to make him more comfortable. But I don't know why he likes me so much. And I like him just as much. Actually, I love him.....and he loves me. At least that what he says to me."  

"I'm sure he does love you the way he talks about you and keeps asking if you're okay. I can tell how much he misses you."  

"I miss him too."  

"You know what?" Sean stood up. "Leon just left a few minutes ago to go close a deal so you can see him now. Just for a little bit."  

"Sean, you're the greatest!" I threw my arms around him and hugged him. He put one arm under my back and the other under my legs and picked me up. He carried me downstairs to the room and when he opened the door, Chris didn't look up.  

"Chris." Sean said, causing Chris to open his eyes. They widened when he saw me.  

"Hazel!" He sat up and slightly tugged at the chains. Sean sat me down close to Chris and unchained his wrists so his arms were free which he wrapped around me and pulled me closer.  

"I was so worried, Sean kept telling me you were okay but I-I just had to see for myself." He said softly, hugging me tighter.  

"I'm okay, really. I don't even feel my leg right now." I laid my head on his shoulder. He was so warm, I never wanted to leave his arms. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, making me look at him.  

"Yes, Chris. I'm fine. I just missed you."  

"I missed you too." He pressed his lips to my cheek, lingering there for a minute. But then I heard the door opening and all three of us looked towards the door. Roxanne stood there, staring.  

"Oooh, someone's gonna get in trouble." She teased.  

"Roxie, please." Sean said. "Don't tell Leon, they both wanted to see each other."  

"Fine, fine. I won't tell." She said. "He'll just see for himself, he's pulling up in the driveway now."  

"What?! Shit, Hazel, I need to get you back to your room."  

"Okay." I said in an innocent voice, starting to move away from Chris.  

"Wait." Chris grabbed me and gave me a quick kiss. "I love you." He whispered. I smiled at him.  

"I love you too." Sean picked me up and hurried out the room with me while Roxanne chained Chris back up. I heard the door to the room close just as I heard the front door opening. We made it just in time. Sean laid me down in my bed and Roxanne walked in, joining me on the bed.  

"Does you leg still feel okay, you need some more pain meds?" Roxanne asked me.  

"No, I'm okay for now. Thanks." Footsteps were approaching my door and we all saw Leon walk by but he stopped and backed up to the doorway.