Thirteen: Trap

"It's okay, shhh, I'm right here, Babygirl." I bounced Sophia in my arms, trying to stop her from crying. But she just continued to scream, saying Mama over and over again. She knew that Hazel was gone, and she missed her. I haven't even slept once since that day. Hazel was all that was on my mind, I missed her terribly, I can't even imagine what Leon was putting her through. I had to go get her back but I just didn't know how.  

I brought Sophia in my room to sleep with me, she would always go to sleep fast so maybe she would stop crying. She was still screaming at the top of her lungs but when I started rubbing her hair and softly singing to her, she finally calmed down and looked at me. She was just sniffling and soon her eyes started to close as she began to doze off. Finally, it was quiet. I got off the bed and went downstairs, picking up my cell phone. I hit his name and he picked up after two rings.  

"Hello?"  

"Hey, Nick, it's Chris." I said.  

"Oh hey man, how you holding up?"  

"Not good. I'm completely miserable. And so is Sophia, I just got her to go to sleep after crying for so long."  

"So what are you going to do?"  

"I'm going to New York to get her back." I stated.  

"What?!" He yelled. "You know you can't do that, that guy knows you're probably gonna come for her and has a plan for when you show up."  

"I don't care, I have to get her back. I can't just not go after her, I love her and you know that." It was silent on the phone for a minute and then he sighed.  

"I'm going with you." He finally said.  

"Nick-"  

"Ah, no ands or buts about it. The guys said they're coming too."  

"They're with you?"  

"Yeah, just Kidred, Mijo and Keeis. Oh and Jamal is here too. I don't know where Hood went."  

"Are they sure they want to go?" I heard some distant talking in the back ground.  

"They're positive." I sighed and looked around for a minute.  

"Be here at my house by 8am." I finally said.  

"We'll be there." He hung up and I sat my phone down on the counter. Just hold on, Hazel. I'm coming.  

HAZEL POV 

"Just leave her alone!"  

"Get out of the way!"  

"No!" He stood all the way up, towering over Leon since Leon was shorter than Sean. His eyebrows creased in anger and he finally stomped out the room. I finally let out the breath I had been holding and my sobs took over once again. Strong arms wrapped around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.  

"Don't cry, it's gonna be okay." Sean assured me.  

"No, it's not! He's gonna kill me, Sean." I stated.  

"I'm not gonna let him hurt you."  

"But what if one day you're not there?! Huh?! I wanna go home. I miss Sophia, I miss Chris, I miss Mama J and everyone else." I cried into his shirt. "I miss waking up and coming downstairs to see a plate of heart shaped pancakes on the table from Chris with a little note that said 'eat your heart out'. I wanna go home."  

"I know, I know, and I will try to get you out of here."  

"He's gonna kill Chris when he comes for me. I can't let that happen, I love him too much. I have to call him or something, I can't let him come."