Nine: Home

I swear, I've never been so scared in my life. I had started screaming and telling the guy, who's name I learned is Jackson, that Chris wasn't breathing. He had pulled Chris out the car and started doing CPR on him. I thought I had lost him, I was literally bawling my eyes out. But then Chris had started coughing and I was so happy, Jackson had actually saved him. Although Jackson looked a bit scared himself. But now, I was sitting in the back, holding Chris in my arms with Sophia on the other side of me. Chris was going downhill still and we needed to get to Cali fast if he was gonna make it. He breathing was low but he still responded when asked him if he was okay. He'd just nod and squeeze my hand a little.

"Look at the sign!" Jackson suddenly yelled, pointing out the car. I looked out the window and saw the sign that I thought I'd never see. Welcome To California.

"Jackson, you're a life saver!" I said. "Chris! We're in California!" I saw him slightly smile and I kissed his cheek, hugging him tightly but not too tight because I didn't want to hurt him.

Chris fell asleep in my arms again and I started to nod off myself cause a few more hours had passed since we saw the sign. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't anymore, my eyes started to close.

****

"Hazel, wake up!" I felt someone hitting my leg.

"What? What? What is it?" I rubbed my eyes and saw Jackson.

"We're here! The hospital. We're in Los Angeles! Now hurry up cause he doesn't look good at all, we need to get him inside." I looked down at Chris.

"Jackson....he isn't breathing again, I can't hear him!" I started to panic. Jackson hopped out and ran around, wrenching the door open and taking Chris in his arms. I picked up Sophia and followed Jackson as he hurried inside the hospital with Chris. A man in some scrubs walked by us and I grabbed his arm.

"Can you help us, please! H-he isn't breathing!" I started to cry. The man looked at Chris and immediately ran to the front desk.

"Code blue!" The lady yelled and two other nurses ran over with a stretcher. Jackson laid Chris down on it and they started to wheel him away and I was gonna run after them when Jackson grabbed me.

"Chris!" I screamed, tears rushing down my face. "Let me go! He needs me!"

"Let them do their job, they're gonna save him." Jackson said in my ear. I calmed down and started to cry into his shirt. I couldn't lose Chris. I loved him too much to lose him.

I sat in the waiting room with Jackson, holding Sophia in my arms while I waited to be updated on how Chris is doing. What if he's dead? Then it would be all my fault. I'm the reason Chris Brown is dead.

"Hazel! The nurse is here!" Jackson snapped me out of my thoughts. I saw the nurse and I shot up put of my seat and ran up to her.

"Please tell me he's okay, he has to be." I started to cry again.

"Hey, hey, calm down, sweetie. We resuscitated him and he was beaten up pretty badly but we took care of him and he's been asking you. You wanna go see him?" I quickly nodded and she started to lead me through the double doors. Jackson followed behind us and the nurse stopped at a door that said 289.

"He's in there." She opened the door and I slowly peeked in, looking around.

"Hazel." He was in the hospital bed, smiling at me. I ran into the room and sat Sophia down, throwing my arms around Chris.

"You're okay! I was so scared!" I exclaimed.

"I heard. The nurse said you went crazy out there, screaming and stuff." He started to laugh.