Nineteen: Fighting

Sorry for the short chapter and I haven't been updating much but I'm exhausted from school and haven't really been typing. I will try to update sooner this time. Happy Reading! :D

________

"W-what are you doing here? How did you even get here?" She asked.  

"Your mother called me and said she had saw you. I told her I wanted to see you and she gave me an address." Maison answered.  

"Grandpa's really nice, Mama!" Damien said.  

"Um, kids go to your room for right now, okay?" I said.  

"Awe, okay. Bye Grandpa." They both gave him a kiss on either side of his cheeks and hopped down, holding hands as they left the kitchen.  

"Maaa!" Alyssa was whining when she saw Hazel and tried to scoot her walker over to her but was stuck in between the chairs. I walked over and took her out the walker, handing her to Hazel when she reached for her. Hazel then sat down in a chair at the table, still staring at her father.  

"I-I'm just really surprised to see you." She said softly. "So I'm guessing Mom told you how I went off on her?"  

"She told me part of it. And sweetie, don't blame her, it is my fault. Me, being an idiot, I got in some trouble with Big Sal. You remember him don't you?"  

"You mean THE Big Sal? Daddy, what were you doing around him, you know he wasn't a good guy."  

"I know, but I was losing my job and needed some money to support you guys. He was the only way. But then after I borrowed money from him, he was wanting it back too soon and I didn't have it. And I knew I had to get out of there. Your mother begged me not to go but I had to. And I asked her to go with me."  

"You asked her, meaning she didn't have to go?"  

"No, of course not. I thought for sure she was gonna say no. But she said yes. And I knew we couldn't bring you or Sophia because then you would be at risk of being killed. So we left you at home."  

"That liar!" She's stood up out of her chair, looking angry as ever. "She said you made her go with you! She said that's why you guys left us! But she could have stayed! She just didn't want to!" Alyssa started to whine because she got scared and I took her from Hazel, trying to calm her down.  

"God, look at me, I'm scaring my own baby." She sat back down and held her head in her hands.  

"Stop it! That's mine!" The twins ran into the kitchen, Sophia chasing after them.  

"Daddy! They took my notebook with my drawings in it!" Sophia complained, holding onto my leg.  

"Hey! Thing 1 and Thing 2, get in here now." I commanded. They peeked out from behind the wall and slowly inched into the kitchen.  

"Did you take her notebook?" I asked them. Damien hid the notebook behind his back and looked around.  

"Damien, your father asked you a question." Hazel stepped in.  

"Only because she called me a buttface!" Damien protested.  

"You wouldn't leave me alone!" Sophia shot back. "I wasn't bothering you'un, now was I? Now gimme my notebook back." I wanted to laugh a little cause Sophia sounded a bit southern. We had no idea where it came from cause she was born in New York but when she first started talking, you could hear a southern drawl in her voice.  

"Fine! Here!" Damien threw the notebook at her and it hit her in the face, causing Sophia to stumble back.  

"Damien!" Hazel shouted, standing up. He started to stomp out the kitchen but Sophia was after him in a second. I knew what was about to happen.