Chapter 14

Paige POV

Everyday after school, i went to Shay's house alone, without Scarlette. We were planning on Scarlett's birthday surprise coming this Saturday. It is not easy coming out with the best ever surprise for our dear best friend. We want to make it extra special since this year is our last year together and we have to go to separate college next year. If luck is there with us, i wish we would go to the same college.

"How about we gave her a kitten? She's an animal lover, right? Or we could give her hamsters?" I suggested.

"Good idea. But, her parents strictly don't allow her to adopt any animals since her dad have allergies to fur." Shay said.

"Hmmm... Oh i know! We create a big explosion box for her!" I exclaimed, happy with my idea.

"Are you insane? She would die opening that box!"

"No, it's not a bomb inside! Oh god! You search explosion box on Pinterest  and then you'll know, Shay." I was laughing out loud.

"Oh. My. God. Paige, that's a really great idea! How stupid i am to think you would actually gave her a bomb! Hahahahahaha!!" We were laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt badly.

"I know right! Okay, lets get started!" I was so eager to start already.

I have been at Shay's place for 5 days this week, preparing for tomorrow. We were so satisfied with our progress. After finishing our last touch up at our explosion box, we were finally ready for tomorrow. I high-5 Shay for our hard work. Now, i just can't wait for today to end!

_________________________________________

"Ding Dong" Shay pressed the doorbell.

"Coming!" We heard Scarlette's footsteps coming down the staircase. As she opened the door,

"SURPRISE!!!!" Me and Shay exclaimed as we hand over to her 17 blue ballons, the huge explosion box, and a birthday cake.

"Oh. My. God, girls. You don't have to do this!"Scarlette's is already in tears.

"Nawww, please don't cry on your birthday, birthday girl." I wiped her tears away, hugging her.

"Group hug!" Scarlette joined our embrace.

"Come on in girls." Scarlette ushered me and Shay into her house.

After Scarlette have make a wish, she blew the lighted birthday candle on the strawberry cake. She slice the round cake into eight pieces and serve me and Shay one each. It is now time to opened up the explosion box.

"Hurry up, Scarlette! Open up the box already!" Shay is beaming like Cheshire cat.

Scarlette untie the blue ribbon that is tied on the box. Then, the box drop open to reveal the most fluffiest huge brown teddy bear. Scarlette immediately grabbed the bear and hugged it tightly to her chest.

"Oh my god. It's so fluffy! I'm going to die!" Scarlette imitate a dialogue from Despicable Me movie.

Next, in the box, reveals lots of pictures of us, envelopes attached to each flaps, bestfriends quotes from pinterest, some pop out stickers, glitters here and there, birthday card from me and Shay hidden  in the envelopes and most important thing is, a hidden necklace in one of the envelopes. The necklace contains a heart shape charm that can be open to reveal the picture of the 3 of us, the first picture ever taken.

Scarlette is already in tears again." I love you guys so much. This is the best present ever! Thank you so so so so so much!"

"We love you too, Scarlette." And we hugged each other again.

_________________________________________

Sunday already? So fast! I thought to myself. I dragged myself out of my bed into the bathroom to get ready for work.

I was thinking that Dylan would come again to buy a drink. And so, i waited and waited but he never showed up. I thought he might come by later.

It is already 6pm and Dylan really never showed up. Where is he? My mind start to over think things. Is he mad at me that's why he doesn't come by today? Is he with his girlfriend? What the hell am i thinking? Why would i care if he is with Kate?

It's 8pm, and customers keep dining in. While i was taking my customer's order, i saw a couple coming in by the front door from a corner of my eyes. Right after serving my customer, i saw Dylan. My heart skipped a beat. Then, i saw Kate linking her arms with Dylan's. I started to feel...jealous?

"Hi good evening! Order please?" I faked my friendly tone.

"Hi. I would like to have small hot chocolate and a small mochaccino  with additional brownie, having here please. Thank you." Dylan ordered. I looked at kate to see that kate is already staring at me.

After serving them, i plastered a smile. "Thank you and enjoy!"

I can't help but glancing every now and then at them. I saw Dylan spoonfeed Kate. They look so lovey dovey together.

Kate is so slim. She have that perfect 8 figure body. Her legs...so tanned, so shiny. Her stomach is flat. Her boobs are gigantic. Her nose is so sharp. Her eyes are are perfect. Her hair is blonde and straight and long. No wonder Dylan loves her. I bet, every boys would do anything to be with her.

Whereas for me, the complete opposite of her. No wonder boys seldom flirt with me. To think about that, since when im having these thoughts? Paige, what is wrong with you?

I looked over again at them to see that Dylan is already looking right back at me. I mentally smacked myself and quickly act busy wiping the counter top.