Chapter 22

Songs for this chapter are

Here by Alessia Cara.
We can't stop by Miley Cyrus
Gold by Kiiara

______________________________________

Paige POV

"Bye mum, see you tomorrow. I love you." I hugged my mum goodbye.

"Be safe honey. Call me when you need anything. I love you too. Bye!" She hugged me and pecked my left cheek.

I head out to see Dylan standing next to his bike, with his helmet on and another helmet on his right arm. Wait, no bags, no anything? He did not bring any extra clothes?

"You didn't bring any extra clothes?" I had to ask.

"Nice seeing you too, Paige." I rolled my eyes. He hand me over the helmet that he is holding.

"Im serious, Dylan." I tried to be serious but failed miserably.

"What for? Im a guy, Paige. I can walk around half naked. Now wear the helmet. We've got to go." True that. I put on the helmet but I have difficulty in tightening the strap. I groaned and gave up.

"Let me help you. Stand still. Head up." Dylan ordered. I can feel his fingers brushing my chin. I can feel my cheeks heating up. I looked at his face. So focused.

"Are you done yet?" I break the awkward silence.

"Just a little bit. And... Im done." He looked at me. Our face is so close. I guess my cheeks already turned red as tomato.

"T...thanks." I said while climbing onto his bike.

"Hold on tight." I just hold onto his shoulders.

He started the ignition and warm up his bike. Then he start zooming down the neighborhood, with the obnoxious engine sound.

"Slow down, Dylan! I don't want to die!" This time, i hugged Dylan as tightly as i can as if my life depend on him.

"Told you to hold on tight!" He shouted through the highway.

I closed my eyes. Too afraid to open up. This is my first time ever riding a motor bike with Dylan. I could literally feel my life is on a thin threat.

"You okay, Paige?"

"Hmmm..." I refused to let go of him and remain closing my eyes.

I heard him chuckled. Instantly, a smile crept up my lips.

"Are we there yet?" I groaned.

"Not yet,Paige. Still far away." He must be kidding me.

"Open your eyes, Paige. Trust me, you won't die."
Dylan said when he stopped probably at the red traffic light.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I opened my eyes to see a busy city before me. I gasp. Another first. I've never been to this side of the country. I started to feel out dated. I let go my tight grip of Dylan. Dylan is now riding ever so slowly through the city.

Next, Dylan entered a beach. Woah, what a sight to see! I was appalled by the beautiful scenery upon me. Where am i? I feel like im in a paradise. I raised my hands in the air enjoying the cool fresh morning air.

"This is so fun!" I shouted at no one in particular.

"Told ya." I heard Dylan said.

"We're reaching, Paige. Calm down." My excitement soon vanished.

"So fast? I thought you said we still have a long way to go." I pouted.

"Apparently, i lied." He smirked.

I bit his shoulder playfully and got down his bike.

"Thank you for the ride." I smiled widely at him.

"No problem. You need help with that?" Dylan asked pointing to the helmet's strap.

"Erm... Yeah."

"Come here."

Dylan tilt my head up and unbuckle the strap. I looked down to see that Dylan is already staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said while avoiding my eyes.

"Okay..." I waited for Dylan to switch off the ignition. I don't want to go in there alone.

I walked beside Dylan and into the chalet. I thought there's no one here since it was so quiet outside. But when we entered, loud booming music echoed down the hallway. Gold by Kiiara is being played on the speakers. I saw my new classmates, setting up cocktails, preparing red cups, boxes of pizzas piled up in a stack and bottles of alcohols line up at the back of the kitchen.

Dylan left me alone in the kitchen to join his friends playing FIFA in the living room. I decided to help with anything i can.

"Hey, need any help?" I asked the familiar face.

"Nah... Just help yourself with drinks and pizzas there." Said the girl.

"Alright then." I helped myself with the cocktail in a red cup and then wonder around the chalet.

This chalet is massive! 3 storey high! First floor you can see a huge living room and a kitchen. Outside, a poolside, patio area and a garage. Second floor, four master bedroom. Third floor, another living room with a huge tv set. Wow. How much did my class even spent on this?

I decided to stay at the third floor. Too tired to get back down. I saw a few movie discs lined up in the shelf, next to the tv set. I did some searching for a good movie to watch. Hangover will do then.

Just as the movie ended, i placed the movie disc back into the shelf. My cocktail needs to be refilled. I get back down all the way to the first floor. To my surprise, there were loads of people in here! Who are they? I had to squeeze through the sweaty bodies everywhere just to get into the kitchen. This is just great! Everyone is literally drunk.

I refilled my cocktail and head outside. There was no one at the poolside so i took this opportunity and rush over to the poolside. I rolled up my sweat pants and took out my sandal. I sit at the edge of the pool and put my legs into the water. So relaxing.

"Paige? Is that you?" Who was that? I looked around to see nobody. Must be my mind playing tricks on me.

I heard someone throw up nearby. Must be some drunkards. I ignored and enjoy my peaceful moment here.

"Paige...help me."