Chapter 15

Paige POV

I had to OT again yesterday since the overnight shift barista is on leave. I came back home around 1am and straight away knocked out.

Im having math lesson now. Im dozing off already. Ms Jenny is currently teaching trigonometry. What on earth is that?

I put my hands on the table and lie down on it. Out of a sudden, i felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew it must be Dylan.

"Don't disturb me Dylan." I murmured without looking up.

The hand is still on my shoulder, shaking it.

"I said don't disturb me!" I increased my voice and looked up to see Ms Jenny's hand on my shoulder.

"M...Ms Jenny. I...i thought it was Dylan. S...sorry." Was all i could say.

"Well, Paige, if you want to continue your sleep, you are more than welcome at the principal's office." Every pair of eyes were set on me.

"N...no thanks. I'm awake now." I opened my eyes widely.

"Good." Ms Jenny then carry on with her lesson.

To end off her lesson, Ms Jenny gave us a set of practice paper as homework.

Yay! Homeworks!

_________________________________________

As usual, i gave Shay my math homework in exchange, i did her biology homework. After everything is done, i placed the practice paper into my file.

I stayed at Shay's crib for a movie — World War Z. I swear it is the most disturbing story but with an amazing plot.

Just as the movie ended, mum called. I know i have to go home now. I picked up my phone while packing my bag.

"I'm on my way home already mum. See you. Bye" I had to tell a white lie if not, nagging is all i get.

"Shay, thank you so much for doing my math homework and plus, the movie. See you tomorrow." I hugged her and left.

_________________________________________

The following day

"Math homework out everyone." Ms Jenny is already starting her row by row checks.

No detention today, for sure. I smirk to myself. I start to dig my bag for my homework when Ms Jenny came over to my desk.

"Homework, Paige?" So impatient yeah, Ms Jenny?

"It's in here in my bag." Where are you, math homework?

"I swear i did yesterday, Ms Jenny. It must be here somewhere. I put it in my file. Wait, where's my file?" I continue searching.

"It's in my file. I put it there, yesterday. I think i left my file at home." I gave up searching.

"No excuses, Paige. Detention after school. Complete 10 sets of the homework and you can be released."

"But–"

"No buts, Paige."

"I did my homework already, Ms Jenny! This is not fair!" No detention please. Im really scared to face Joshua again.

"Then where is your homework? At home? Doing what? My decision is final, Paige. Detention after school or i call your parents." Wow. Is she threatening me by calling my parents? I felt tears stinging in my eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'll go for detention. Please don't call my parents." I don't want my parents to know about this.

_________________________________________

Dylan POV

I swear i saw tears in her eyes. She is so convinced that she did her math homework. I believed her. Couldn't Ms Jenny gave her a chance? Must she always end her decision with a detention and not only that, must complete 10 sets of the homework? This is her tactics for the past 3 years being in her class. I couldn't deny the fact that im always the highest in math class for every quizzes, common tests and exams because of her tactics. Sometimes, i purposely didn't do her homeworks just to practice more math questions by doing 10 sets of it. I kind of like this method of learning.

Thinking back of Paige having detention after school reminds me of Joshua. My blood instantly boils at the thoughts of Joshua. I clenched my fists tight. Paige cannot go to detention alone. An idea pop up at the back of my mind.