Chapter 4

"Hey, Mom, Dad, I'm home," I yelled as I opened the door. No answer, the usual.

They have no idea what's going on right now, when they are home it's just "Did you do your homework," or ,"Did you make an A?" It's never an actual parent to daughter conversation.

"Ding," my phone alerted me of a new text.

"Hey, future girlfriend, are you free tomorrow?" It was Troy.

"I am not a product you buy... Jk I'm not doing anything tomorrow. What do you have planned?"

"You'll see, just wear something comfortable."

"I was going to do that anyway," I stated.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just home alone. The usual."

"Can I come over?"

I laughed out loud. I'm only going on a date with him because I keep to my word. I typed, "Newsflash, we aren't even friends."

"Too late, I'm already on my way."

I groaned. This dude, I just shut him down, but he's still going to come over.

I headed to my room, but not before telling Jeff to send Troy up when he gets here.

I turned my stereo on almost all the way up and inserted one of my favorite CDs, American Idiot. I'm a sucker for CDs, I'd take them over digital music any day. I had a whole bookcase filled with a wide variety of genres from old rock and roll to classical music.

I started singing and dancing along with the music.

I felt something poke my sides, sending tingles around the area, I jumped and turned around with my fist raised. Troy stood there with his hand ready to deflect my hit. I must be going crazy, those jolts must've been from surprise.

"Oh, it's you," I put my fist down and turned the music lower.

"Well aren't you excited to see me?" He laughed.

"Very," I said in a bored voice.

He mocked hurt and and flopped on my bed. He pointed out to my posters, "So I see you like a lot of older stuff."

I gasped, " Woah, how could you tell?"

"Just a wild guess."

Much to my annoyance, Troy stayed for a while. But I had to admit, he wasn't the worst person to talk to. He's better than the stuck up rich kids my parents have tried to set me up with who all want to talk about their money and their newest car.

I ordered pepperoni pizza for us. We ate it, all of it. We also watched movies, turns out we both like The Walking Dead, so that's what we watched. We finished at least 10 episodes before I noticed the time, "Dude, it's 11 o'clock, you need to leave." I was about to start panicking, but then it was too late.

"I'm home!" my mom screamed. As she walked to the living room, where Troy and I sat. "Oh, who's this?"

"Uhmm, this is my friend, Troy. I was just walking him out," I managed to get out. He held out his hand for her to shake, but she turned her nose up to it. She knew he wasn't rich or anything. This was one of the reasons I disliked my parents at times.

I glared at my mom as I dragged Troy away and to the door. "I'm sorry about her. She's just so rude. Ugh! Why can't I be normal and have normal parents, not some who judge people by their money or their-"

My rant was cut off by Troy giving me a hug, "It's fine. I'll text you later about our date." He kissed my check and left out the door, leaving me stunned.

He just kissed my cheek. Why? I thought this date thing was all a joke, but I guess he's taking it more serious than I am.

I walked the back way to my room so I wouldn't have to see my mom. I did not need a lecture tonight, not again.

I once brought home a friend who wasn't rich and my parents gave me a 4 hour lecture on how I should only associate with our level and up. No thanks. I try to avoid them as often as I can.

My mom was bound to tell my dad, who will most definitely give me a lesson on who to hangout with and who to not hangout with. They both came from small poor families, but they got rich and now the money's got to their head.

I don't want to rely on my parents' money when I grow older and am on my own, I plan on getting a job as soon as I'm in college and pay for all of my stuff. I'll pay for my housing, my food, my classes, and everything thing else, except friends. Those I want to earn myself. I don't want them to like me for my money, I want them to like me for me.

I threw in a cd and turned it as loud as it could go. I locked the door so my parents couldn't enter. I went to my bathroom and took a shower.

After I was done with showering and getting ready for bed, I finally lowered my stereo, but I didn't unlock the door. The moment that door comes unlocked is the moment my lecture begins. I'd rather keep it closed until tomorrow morning after my parents go to work and it's time for me to report to jail, I mean school.

•••What's your favorite color?•••
~~~~Don't threaten me with a good time by Panic! At the Disco~~~~