Chapter 6

Today was Friday, the day of the date. Troy informed me he was going to pick me up soon. I told him to just wait by the road and I'll meet him.

So far I've been able to avoid the lecture with my parents, but I guess it's bound to happen eventually.

I threw on some jeans and a black and red plaid button up. I decided to look decent so I added a little bit of makeup, but only eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow.

He still hasn't told me where we were going, but I knew it wasn't anything fancy. He was probably just going to take me to a fast food restaurant and then never talk to me again.

  Could a person be clumsier than me? Most likely not.

So as I sneaked out of my room and through the hall at around 9 o'clock,when my parents were already sleeping, I tripped over my feet. Luckily, I caught myself and then ran to the front door. Well I tried, but my foot got caught onto a rug that popped out of nowhere.

  A loud thud rang out in the quiet, I froze for a moment. My ears searched for any life in the dark house. No footsteps were heard so I heaved myself up and made my getaway.

  Once I made it outside, I made a dash to the familiar car by the road.

  "I don't even know how I made it out!" I laughed as I sat in the passenger seat.

  "Why?" Troy chuckled.

  My face went red, "UHMMM... Well I might've tripped a few times." Troy busted out in laughter at my clumsiness. I smacked his shoulder, "All ninjas have a bad night sometimes, okay!"

  "Sure, ninja," he said sarcastically.

  " I am a ninja! I'll prove it to you later!"

  "Mhmmm," he hummed.

  One of my favorite songs came on, so I went to turn it louder, but of course he has a weird radio. "How do I work this," I pointed to the machine.

  He described the different buttons to me. I pressed the one I thought would turn it louder, but it made it turn stations instead. I pressed the button next to it, successfully changing it back to the old one. I clicked another button, and the radio turned up the slightest bit. I pressed it a few more times until I was satisfied with the volume and then I started singing along.

  I stared at the place where we stopped: the pet store. "Why are we here?"

  "Because I knew you liked animals, I thought you'd want to look around," he shrugged.

  I've never been to a pet store because I've never had a pet. My parents didn't want "filthy bags of fleas" , their words not mine, to be rooming around the house and getting it messy. They hired maids, they clean the house, not my parents. That reason is invalid.

  We walked inside and he led me to where the small mammals were. They had rabbits, guinea pigs, a lot of rats and hamsters, and a few other small mammals.
I stood at the cage of the rabbits for the longest time. I couldn't rip my eyes away from this little brown and white dwarf rabbit.

  Troy led me to the reptiles and then the fish. He told me he had to do something, so I continued browsing the animals. They were all so cute!

  After about 15 minutes, Troy was back and we were heading to a place to eat now. We just went through a drive through because we didn't feel like getting down.

  As we were eating, I heard a thump coming from the backseat. I gasped when I turned my head and saw a pet store box, "Did you really buy me an animal?"

  "Yes," he blushed and nodded.

  "Let's stop at that park!" I suggested. He pulled over and we got out.

  I went up to Troy and gave him a hug, "Thank you so much," my eyes were watering, but I blinked back the tears.

  Troy just nodded it off and opened the back door. He grabbed the critter and handed it to me. It was the same rabbit I was eyeing.  Troy told me to hold while he got a leash and rabbit harness out of a bag.

  We put the lead on the bunny and I put him down. The rabbit immediately began eating grass, so Troy and I began talking. I thanked him many times for the rabbit, but he always shrugged it off like it wasn't a big deal, but to me it was.

  "What are you naming him?" Troy asked as we sat on some stone benches while my new bunny nibbled on grass by our feet.

  "I don't know yet, maybe Ty?" I pondered. Troy had to approve of the name since he was the one who bought him for me.

  "He does look like a Ty," Troy smiled as he nodded.

  A sudden thought hit me, "Wait, how will I get his cage inside without my parents knowing?"

  "He can stay at my house tonight, and then we can transfer his stuff to your house when your parents are at work," Troy told me. That was a great idea. I nodded my head in agreement and then I picked up Ty. We put him back into the box and Troy drove me home. I gave Troy a hug, and this time I kissed his cheek.

•••What is your favorite place to be at?•••

~~~~This is Gospel by P!atd~~~~