Chapter 20

"I bet I can beat you to the trees!" I yelled to Rome and Troy and we all took off running.

  Troy beat us both, but Rome got to the tree line before me. We walked to the clearing and Rome talked about Sydney. He gushed about how sweet she was and how cute she was.

  Jerome walked in between us, holding each of our hands. He swung our hands back and forth as we walked over the uneven ground.

  We sat in the cleared area and talked about random things. Jerome and Troy play wrestled as I sat out do to my current injuries.

  The summer was almost here and I had to keep up with my school work. I wasn't allowed to go back to school until I was fully healed, so Troy and Jackie would bring my work to and fro school.

  I would be back in school in only a few weeks and then we would only have a few more until we graduate. I'm so happy that it's my last year.

  The boys were rolling around on the ground. Troy would let Rome have the occasional upper hand, but he always had control of the match.

  All of a sudden the guys stopped playing and tried to me, but their eyes were behind me. I slowly turned around and jumped.

  There was a man behind me. He was young, most likely not much older than I am, but he wasn't alone. I could feel the eyes of hundreds behind him, all eyes on us. A few made themselves visible. Troy slowly walked up to me and put me behind his back.

  "Rogues, what do you want? Why are you on our territory?" Troy asked forcefully.

  The young man laughed. It triggered almost all of the men to laugh. "What do we want?" He turned his back in us and laughed more. The laughter grew louder. It sounded like an ocean of laughs instead of a forest.

  Troy stood in front of me while Rome hugged my leg from behind.

  "We want this land!" The rogue yelled. All of the people behind him cheered and yelled.

  "Who are you?" Troy asked him.
The man looked offended, but he covered it with a smirk.

  "I'm the alpha who is about to make your nightmares seem like a fairy tail. My name is Charles, Alpha Charles." I let a laugh slip. It was pretty stupid to be laughing at a moment since I was surrounded by rogues who could kill me in less than a second, but I found some things funny that shouldn't be.

Charles squinted his eyes to me, "What is so funny, Mary?"

  I laughed a little louder and walked from behind Troy. I stood by his side. In reality I was attempting to distract the pack until our pack would show up. I hope Troy was getting that. He must've already mind linked them, right?

  I doubled over and continued laughing, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold it in any longer. It's funny, if you're worse than our worst nightmare, I'd much rather face you than the monsters in my dreams."

  Charles growled in anger, "Human, you have a lot to learn about this world, but it looks as though you won't even live to be able to!"

  I continued laughing. By now my laughs were sounding like a maniac and I was crazy, but then again, I am!

  As I continued laughing, I heard a few twigs snap behind us. Everyone else's attention was on me, so they didn't pay any mind to the sound. I prayed it was the pack, because I was about to do something stupid.

  I straitened my form and went to walk forward, but Troy's hand grabbed my wrist. I shrugged it off and continued my journey forward. I walked right in front of Charles and bowed, "Oh 'Alpha' please do try and come close to the monsters in my dreams, because you couldn't make up half of one." He growled at my mockery of his title, but I didn't stop there. "You don't scare me. I'm the only person who can choose what scares me and you don't. So, are we going to have a problem here? Or are you going to leave peacefully and never return."

  I waved the pack from behind us to come out. I sighed in relief as it was our pack and they were already shifted and ready to fight.

  "So Charles, what will it be?" I questioned backing up a few feet. I walked back to Troy's side where Rome waited.

  Charles growled furiously and lunged in my direction. Troy met him halfway and they both shifted in midair.

  I grabbed Jerome's small hand as all of the wolves started charging. I dodged wolf after wolf as I pulled Rome back to the pack house. A few women stood guard out side and asked if we were fine when we arrived back. I nodded and ran outside to check on everyone else.

  I brought Rome to where the children were huddled up, some crying while others just stared off into space. "Be good. Cheer them up, okay, Rome?" I bent my knees so I was his height. He nodded and I kissed his cheek and ran back out of the house avoiding the protests.

  I couldn't just stand there as my mate and pack gets hurt, I had to help them! I ran as fast as my legs could go all the way to the clearing. When I got there, I skidded to a stop. Bodies of wolves laid dead, but most looked from the rogues.

I heard a loud yelp and snapped my head to that direction. It was Troy who cried in pain. I ran towards him, but he got up and began fighting again. With one quick bite, he ended the fight. The rogue wolves, well what was left of them, retreated.

"Are you Okay?" I worried as Troy shifted back to his human form. He had bites and scratches everywhere.

Troy nodded, "I'm fine, but I think my ankle is broken."

I helped him back to the house where the pack doctors waited. After I dropped him off, I headed to find Rome.

Rome was comforting everyone while he held Sydney's hand. He was telling all the kids it'll be alright. I came up behind him and gave him and Sydney and hug. I squeezed them tight and told them I wold be back later.

I walked back to the clearing. Everyone was helping get the injured back to the pack house or if it was a rogue, then to the cells. I walked to every person and checked to see if they were alright. I helped get the wounded to the pack house and then walked to where Troy was.

Troy now had a cast and was on crutches. He smiled at me, and then gave me a kiss. He hugged me, dropping the crutches, and buried his face in my neck. I hugged him back and then he told me how proud of me he was, but then he said if I ever did anything like that again he would lock me in the room forever so I wouldn't be in danger.

"I love you," Troy whispered to me.

"I love you, too," I kissed him and then we made our way to where Rome was.

**I think I'm going to end the book on this chapter!!! Or do you guys want an epilogue???

I want to do a spin-off with Rome being the main character, let me know what you guys think!!**

<<<<shout out to FOBsessed_killjoy8 for the names in case I forgot to do that>>>>

•••Do you play any instruments?•••

~~~Therapy by All Time Low~~~