Chapter 19

I winced in pain as I attempted to get out of the bed. I was back at Troy's house, but I was still under close supervision and wasn't allowed to do anything!

Today, we decided to finally put the fish in the tank, so Troy went get the wheel chair and gather all the children who wanted to pick a fish. Rome, which is what I've began calling Jerome, sat by my side. He watched my every move. Even though he was just a small child, he still acted aware and even careful of my injuries.

Rome helped me a lot. He helped almost as much as Troy, but both the guys were always by my side.

"Excuse me sir, can we get 1 axolotl, 2 gouramis, and ten guppies?" I asked the man, who appeared to be 40-ish. He nodded and then questioned us about the tank and how long it had been set up for.

We bought fish food, water conditioner, worms for the axolotl, treats for the fish, and about 20 small decorations. We also bought several larger decorations for the big fish to hide in.

While we were at the pet store, I decided to pick up Ty some new chew toys and wooden toys. I bought some carrot shaped toys for him, too.

We checked out and rounded all the small werewolves together. We herded them to the cars and then went back to the pack house.

"Can we let them out of the bags yet?" Sydney, who was Rome's age only a little younger, asked for the third time in only ten minutes.

"No, Syd, we have to wait a few more moments until they are finished with the decorations," Rome answered Sydney. I smiled at them. They were for sure going to be the cutest couple when they were older.

"Jerry, do you want to go get cookies?" Sydney squealed. Rome looked at me and I nodded and shooed him away his my hand. Before he ran to the kitchen with the small brown haired girl, he walked to the side of the wheel chair I currently resided in and kissed my cheek.

I smiled at their retreating figures, "They are so cute!"

"Yes they are," Troy answered. He kissed me and then continued adding all of the decorations. All of the kids left because they got bored around 10 minutes ago.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked the children who all laughed and screamed in response.

Troy reached into the tank and grabbed one of the floating bags. He undid the rubber band holding it closed and then released the axolotl.

He released the rest of the fish and then he reminded the children not to tap on the glass. Troy left to put all the plastic into the recycling bins and I watched the children.

A certain pair caught my eyes. Rome and Syd were holding each other's hand as Rome pointed to each fish and told her a few things about them. I hurriedly got out my phone and took a picture of them.

They weren't even worried about 'cooties'. They were adorable.

**Sorry for the short update! Toady I donated 8-9 inches of my hair to Children With Hair Loss!!! I also got another betta yesterday.

I really need to do an update schedule, but I don't know if I would be able to follow it**

•••Favorite wattpad book?•••

~~~Texas is forever: Pierce the Veil~~~