Chapter 18

"The rogue attacks are getting worse," the alpha informed the pack. They all murmured and chattered about what to do.

  "Hey, Jackie," I skipped to Jackie's side in front of the school. There was a guy with her. A smile crept to my face, "Well, who is this?"

  I suspected it was her mate, but she soon confirmed it and introduced us. I hung out with them until Troy snuck up behind me and wrapped his arm around my stomach.

  The birds whistled around me as I sat in a clearing in the woods. Birds swooped over my head. Squirrels ran up and down the trees playing tag. The crickets chirped. A few distant deer could be heard, too.

   But it all stopped in a less than a second. A twig snapped and I snapped my head in the direction. A man around 40 walked from the trees.

  I stood my ground with a straight face.

  "Well, hello there, Mrs. Mary, future Luna of the pack," he smirked. I cringed on the inside, but I didn't let it show. He was a werewolf, he could kill me any moment.

  "What do you want?" I sternly asked.

  He chortled at me, "What do I want? I want to prove myself to my own alpha." He paused as I eyed him, "You have two choices. Choice one: come with me with no fight. Choice two: I kill this boy and take you forcefully."

  Another man, a little younger, came walking out with an unconscious boy in his arm. The boy couldn't be older than five years old.

  "Leave the boy," I warned, "And I'll come with you." I formed a plan in my mind, it probably won't work, but I have to try.

  The man dropped the boy. And then the first man roughly grabbed my arm. He followed the second man away from the clearing.

  The men joked about stupid things and talked loudly about how easy it was to get me. I smirked in my mind.

  We walked for about ten minutes before the man's grip began loosening. I made sure to make my face look defeated, but I was not giving up so easily.

  I began taking wider steps, but slowly widened my gait. When the man began laughing, I jerked my arm away. My legs moved faster than ever as I ran through trees. I went through the toughest spaces.

  "Get her!" I heard the first man yell. I heard their clothes ripping and then loud footsteps behind. They shifted.

  I pushed myself to go faster as I ran towards the clearing. The wolves caught up to me quickly. I glanced behind me. One was brown and rust colored while the other was grey with white. They were both only half the size of Troy. 

  "AHH!" I screamed as the brown and rust wolf slammed into me. I landed on my arm making me whimper in pain. My arm was hurt and my side also felt damaged.

  The wolf growled in my face while it pinned me down. The other wolf looked as though it was laughing. My face was blank as I stared into the wolf's, the one on top of me, eyes. His eyes grew angrier every second, most likely from me not showing any fear.

  The wolf moved his snout closer to my face as he showed every single of of his sharp teeth. 
I laughed at him. I must be going crazy, or its from the pain.

  A cry rang out. The wolf jumped off of me and then I heard snarling of a new wolf. A wolf I knew very well: Troy.

  I tried to moved my neck to see what was happening or even sit up, but quickly stopped as searing pain ran through all of my body. I wanted to curl up into a ball, but it hurt to much. I squeezed my eyes closed tight, but it even hurt to do that.