Chapter 5

"Mary, get down open this door," someone banged on my door, waking me up.

"And why would I do that?" I sassed. It's like 3 in the morning, far too early for me to be up.

"Because I am your mother and you will do as I say!"

"I'm not opening, all you're going to do is lecture me on who to spend my time with and who to avoid, but guess what Mom, I don't care," I informed her and shoved my head into my pillow.

She continued yelling at me and hitting my door for at least an hour, but she had to go to work so she stopped and went on her way. I knew she wasn't done with this, but I'm not going to listen.

  I closed my eyes and tried to find some sleep, but it was never found. I got my phone and noticed there was a text message. It was from Troy.

  He had sent it a few hours prior to my mom rudely waking me. Troy simply said hey, so I responded with the same thing. He wouldn't see this until he woke up, but I'd forget to text him back if I don't do it now.

  I was scrolling through the funny pictures when a notification saying I had a text dropped down.

  Troy asked me why I was up so early, I told him, "My mother woke me up, but I ignored her because she would have lectured me".

  "Why?" He messaged back.

  Shoot, should I tell him? He's going to think of me differently if I tell him. Oh well what do I have to lose? We aren't even friends. "My mom doesn't want me to hangout with anyone who doesn't make more than the president. It's crazy. My parents are just snobby rich people, who don't know how to act civilized".

  "Oh."

  We continued texting for a while until I noticed it was 5 and I needed to get ready for school. I bid him farewell and started my morning routine.

"Mary!" Jeff called from downstairs.

"Yes?" I responded.

"You have a visitor!" Who would be visiting me this early? I haven't even left for school yet.

"Ok, I'm coming," I threw my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my book sack.

When I got downstairs, I found Jeff and Troy chatting, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to bring you to school," he stated. I usually walked to school. Jeff was supposed to drive me to and from school, but what they don't know will not hurt them.

"What if I want to walk?" I queried. I truly did like walking to school. I just loved being out side.

"That sucks, because I'm driving you," he shrugged, "Let's go." He started towards the door as he waved to Jeff.

"Bye, Jeff!" I called as I ran to catch up with Troy. "I hope you know, you didn't have to come and pick me up."

"But, I wanted to," he winked. I rolled my eyes at him and we walked to his car, which was an older cherry red mustang.

"Nice car," I nodded. I loved mustangs, but my parents didn't allow me to choose what cars they bought. They always bought the newest versions of everything. In their collection of 20 cars, there is one mustang and its the newest model. I don't even like the newest models!

He thanked me and we began our short trip to the school.

"Thanks for driving me," I told him as we arrived to school and we got of the the car. We separated and went our own paths before we even reached the entrance.

•••What's your favorite animal?•••
~~~~I'm not okay(I promise) by my chemical romance *cries*~~~~