Chapter 13

"Ty!" I called as I walked into my room, but the familiar thumping and jumping of the creature wasn't heard.

I called again and walked faster to the cage. He wasn't in the the cage.

The door was open. I know I closed it. I always double check it.

"Looking for this?" My mother queried as she held up a box.

My face dropped, "What are you doing with my rabbit?"

"I told you no animals. You have 2 hours to get rid of this thing, or I will throw it outside!" my mother warned.

I kept my face straight, "Fine, Mother."

I gently grabbed the box from the cold hearted witch who calls herself my mother. I calmly walked out of the house, making sure to slam the door.

  My cool facade broke as soon as the door shut, the tears ran down my face. Why did my parents have to be so mean? They couldn't just let me be? They're not even home half the time!

  My hands fumbled for my phone. My fingers clicked on my most used contact, Troy.

  He answered after a ring or two, "Are you okay?" He quickly questioned.

  I smile at his concern, "I'm fine, but I need a favor." My nose was stuffed and my voice shook.

  "Mary, why are you crying?" He sounded nervous.

  "My mom. She found out about Ty and she's making me get rid of him. I was wondering if you could take him in for a while?" I cried.

  "Of course, where are you?" I could hear him already getting into his car.

  I looked around at my surroundings, I was at the park, "I'm at the park."

  "I'm on my way!" He hung up.

  As I waited for Troy to arrive, I grabbed Ty out of the box and cuddled him to my chest. My fingers stroked his ears and cheeks as I thought over how I would be able to get him back to my house after a while.

  My eyes caught a movement coming my way from the tree line. It was a wolf, but it wasn't a wolf I recognized. Then again, I've only seen Troy and those werewolves that tried attacking me in wolf form.

  It was a small blonde wolf. It timidly made its  way to my side. I tucked Ty closer to me as I eyed the wolf. It never made eye contact with me, instead it kept its eyes trained to the ground.

  Once it made its way by my side, it morphed. It soon turned to a familiar girl, my best friend.

  "Jackie! Why didn't you ever tell me you could turn into a wolf? How did you know I was here?" I was flabbergasted. My best friend of many years was a werewolf. I was hurt because she never told me.

  "I couldn't tell you and Troy told me to make sure you were safe," she looked ashamed in her self, but Troy told me they had to kept themselves safe. "I'm sorry I never told you, but we aren't allowed to tell anyone unless we have to or if it's our mate," she apologized.

  I nodded and smiled, "Have you found your mate?" My eyebrows wiggled despite my mood. She blushed and looked down.

  I giggled, "Tell me!"

  Jackie began explaining her mate, "His name is Patrick. He has blonde hair and he's kinda short. He's really sweet and he makes me laugh, a lot. He's the one I was texting the other day. He has a girlfriend, but their relationship is very rocky. He's 20, only a few years older than us. There's one problem though, he's a human, so I can't just tell him."

  I smiled, although I was upset and assured her, "Give him some time."

A red car soon drove up. Troy got out and nodded to Jackie. Jackie left without even a farewell.

Troy hugged me, careful of the small rabbit I was holding.

"Let's go to my house," he told me.

I put Ty back into the box. Troy grabbed my hand and pulled me to the passenger seat. He opened the door for me and then went to the drivers side.

"Thanks again for this," we walked into his room. We were in the his father's mansion.

  Troy told me that his mom was human, but his dad was a werewolf. That's why they live in separate houses. His mom has always wanted to live a normal life.

  Troy brushed of my comment. It was like the 20th time I thanked him.

  Troy took Ty out of the box and let him run around on the floor of his room.

  "I'll go get his cage and things when you're parents aren't home," Troy informed me. I nodded. That would most definitely be the best time. 

  I sat on the floor with my back leaning against the blue bed. Ty hopped over to me. I scratched his head and then he jumped away. He began exploring his surroundings.

  Troy sat next to me and grabbed my hand. Ty decided to sit right in between or legs. I smiled down at my rabbit.

  Troy put a movie on. I didn't even pay attention to it. I just stroked Ty. I plopped my head on Troy's shoulder as I faked watching the tv.

  My eyes slowly opened. They squinted in the morning sun. My eyes roamed around, I realized I was in a bed. I'm positive I didn't fall asleep on a bed last night.

  Troy must've moved me. I must've fallen asleep and then he transferred me to the bed. He laid beside me.

  I admired his face for a few moments, but then my stomach grumbled. I was starving because I didn't eat last night.

  I poked Troy's nose, but he didn't move. I pinched his cheeks, but Troy still refused to acknowledge it.

  My last attempt was of me screening, but right before I could, his eyes shot open.
"Don't you dare scream," he warned.

  I gaped at him, "You've been up this entire time?" He gave a cheeky grin, but kept his eyes shut. "I'm hungry!" I complained.

  "Go get something to eat then," he replied.

  "I don't want to go alone," I whined.

  "Fine," he mumbled, but rolled out of bed.

  "You should carry me," I joked.
He rolled his eyes, but he picked me up and walked out of the door.

**A/N:
    I'm backkkkkkk!!!!!!! I ate so much ice cream this spring break. It was so good though, but not as good as bluebell!!! I suck at socializing, that's one of the things I've come to realize over the years, but during the cruise I made a fool of myself....**

  •••What did you do for spring break and how was it?•••
~~~Monster by Skillet~~~