Chapter 9

"Do you guys want to have a sleepover at my house this weekend? My parents aren't home," I asked Jackie, lily, and Nicole over face call.

  "UGHH! I can't!" Lily said, but Jackie and Nicole agreed to the sleepover. They were going to come over in a few moments.

  "So, what did they say?" Troy asked me as I walked back to the living room where he watched tv.

  "Nicole and Jackie are coming, but Lily can't, so that means you have to leave, loser," I laughed.

  He put his hand to his heart, "I took you to the zoo yesterday and now you're just going to kick me to the curb! I thought we were friends!" He fake cried.

  I smacked his shoulder, "Pull yourself together!" He continued to wipe invisible tears. "You have to leave before Jackie and Nicole get here. They will most definitely start assuming things if they see you here," I informed him.

  "Like what kinds of things?" he smirked.

  I smirked back at him,"The kinds of things only crazy people would do," I paused and then whispered in his ear,"Murder."

  We both laughed, but what they would be thinking would be the total opposite. They would think we're dating and make a huge deal out of it.

  "I'm home!" a voice yelled as they walked through the door. I gave a panicked look to Troy and then Jackie walked through the door. She stopped when she saw us,"Yes! I called it!" She yelled.

  Then it hit me. She was always smiley when I mentioned Troy because they shipped us. My face turned red and I quickly denied what she was thinking, "No! We aren't dating!"

  "Mhmm!" She didn't look convinced, but I was telling the truth.

  "Troy! Tell her we aren't dating!" I demanded.

  He smirked and said, "We are dating."

  "He's lying!" I screamed. I stormed to my room. As soon as I slammed my door, they busted out laughing.

  I took out Ty and put on his leash and harness. I walked held him in my arms as we walked down the stairs.

  "I'm going for a walk jerks!" I quickly closed the door and made my way down the driveway and to the side walk. I put Ty down and hopped along beside me. Once we got to our destination, the local park, I let Ty eat grass, clovers, and other weeds on the ground as I sat on the bench.

  I watched Ty push around in the grass. A squirrel caught my attention. It ran across the tree branches and jumped to different trees.

  "Hey!" Some one grabbed my sides making me squeak in surprise. Troy stood behind the bench with this arms wrapped around my waist and his head on my shoulder.

  "Don't scare me like that," I grumbled to the boy behind me.

  "I thought it was funny," he told me, "You're really short."

  "I know I am," he removed his head from my shoulder and his arms. He moved to sit beside me. I moved my legs across the bench so he couldn't sit. He looked at them and easily lifted them and then placed them on his lap.

"You and Jackie are jerks, you know," I whispered.

"I know," Troy sighed. His joking, happy mood was gone replaced by a defeated one.

"What's wrong?" I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me and shook his head. "Troy, tell me what's wrong."

He stared into my eyes, "It's just that you're upset with me!" He looked away from me.