Chapter 31: Left In The Dust of The Broken Hearted

"What am I suppose to do Paul?" I pace up and down the hall in front of Nialls room "I mean I can't stay here if Louis and Liam could be" I pause unable to say it shaking my head "but I can't just leave Niall here and he's in no way ready to travel I mean he just started walking yesterday!"

"I know" he sighs

"You have to help me Paul I can't make this decision! What do I do?" I ask him pleadingly

"I can't make this decision for you, Harry. You should talk to Niall" he tells me

"He flipped out when he head about the crash there's no way I can ask him 'hey Ni would you prefer me stay here with you while Lou and Liam fight for their lives on the other side of the world or leave you here alone while I go to London?'"

"I know it's terrible this situation is horrible and some how you got left alone to make all these hard decisions but you have to decide"

I sit down on the floor clutching my shaking my head "how did this happen? All my mates are on the brink of death why am I okay?! I should have gone to London"

"what would that have helped if you had? Then you'd all be in the hospital injured. What good would that have done?" Paul asks

I only shrug "I have to go talk to him" I sigh after a moment

I stand up going into Nialls room where he sits silently picking at the tray of food in front of him "Hey Ni" I smile weakly as I walk into his room

He just glances at me and goes back to picking at his food.

I sigh sitting down next to him "I need to talk to you Niall about Louis and Liam. Daniel said they're both in surgery and even if they make it through surgery they're going to have a long road ahead of them to recover. So I have to decide if I should fly out there or stay here. Now I don't want to leave you here alone but once your discharged, if I did go, I would fly back and bring you out to London with us or I could stay here with you and once your discharged we can fly out to London. I want to know what you think though?"

"Go Harry. You should go be with them." He says emotionlessly

"I don't want to leave you alone Nia-"

"I'll be fine. You need to be with them Harry especially if their dying because of me"

My heart breaks hearing this "Niall that's-"

He cuts me off "don't tell me it's not my fault Harry. This is. You know it and I know it. Just go Harry. I want you to be there if I can't be"

I sigh "I don't want to leave you here mate" I say conflicted

"I'll be fine. I'm out of the woods now and I'll be discharged soon you need to be with Lou and Li" he explains

"Are you sure?" I ask still not positive myself

"Yes" he smiles lightly

I throw the last of my things in my bag getting ready to head to London. I'm still unsure about leaving Niall here but he says he'll be alright and I have to be with Louis and Liam. Daniel called and said they both made it through the night after surgery with only a few complications but that's still good.

"Okay I think that's everything. Niall, are you absolutely sure-"

"Yes" he interrupts me "I'm positive now go before I kick you out"

"Okay" I hug him "call me okay?" I tell him sternly

"I will" I smile pulling away

"Bye Ni" I walk out with Paul headed to the airport